How to Design a Signature Coaching or Consulting Program
What you'll learn
- Be able to promise your clients the outcomes they want and feel confident you can deliver those outcomes
- Know exactly how many clients you need to reach your financial and lifestyle goals
- Have a clear process to take each client through so you can stop reinventing the wheel with each client
- Be able to sell your services based on the value you deliver instead of what you, or your clients, think your time is worth
- Know exactly how to get you to your income goals within the number of hours you want to work so you can have the business and income you desire
- Be able to give your ideal clients exactly what they want, so it's easier to market and sell
- Be able to stop selling your time and instead sell what your clients really want and will pay more for
- Students should know who they want to sell their services to, and have a general idea of how they can help them
Are you an independent coach or consultant?
Are you currently selling your time by the hour?
Or, in packages based on term, such as a 3-month package or a 6-month package?
Did you know that's not the best way to sell your services?
In fact, did you know that actually makes it harder to sell, and it encourages prospective clients to negotiate based on what they think they need or can afford?
I followed Debbie's 5 step process for a new proposal which was accepted promptly, without question or negotiation.
For the past 12 years, as a business and marketing mentor, setting the correct price for my clients for the services they offered has always been an issue, even setting my own pricing has been a problem. I was able to give my clients the formula for establishing their hourly rate but including the 'adding value' element was missing. Debbie's course 'How to Design a Signature Program' was exactly what I needed to solve this problem. Further, I tested this myself, after finishing the course. I followed Debbie's 5 step process for a new proposal which was accepted promptly, without question or negotiation. I highly recommend Debbie's easy step-by-step model for pricing, which in my opinion, can be applied to anyone offering a service and not only for coaches, consultants and mentors. ~ Fran Piggott CEO, Marketing Guru, South Africa
Like you, when I started my own business as an independent marketing consultant back in 1998, I too sold my time by the hour, or by the month.
Then I remembered that when I worked in the advertising agencies we sold by the project. We presented prospects with a specific scope of work and the results we would deliver, and we quoted them a project fee or a monthly retainer to cover that scope of work.
That's when I realized I needed to sell my services the same way.
I didn't want my clients buying my time. After all, who's to say what your time is worth. It's rather arbitrary. And high hourly fees can actually turn prospects away if they don't think you're worth it.
It's much better to sell results.
That way clients are buying what they want. They're paying for you to solve their problems.
You decide how long it takes to get that outcome and you charge them based on what that outcome is worth.
It has nothing to do with what your time is worth.
When you learn to package your services it changes your entire business.
(1) It helps you attract more of the right clients—the clients who are searching for exactly the outcome you deliver.
(2) It eliminates clients negotiating down the price or the term because you can easily tell them, this is what it takes to get the results you want.
(3) It enables you to charge for the value you're delivering, which is usually more than what you or a client might determine your time is worth.
(4) And, it enables you to sell more confidently because it eliminates any doubt that you're “worth it." It's not about you. It's about the outcome your clients want and will get when they work with you.
So, if you're an existing coach or consultant who is still selling your time, or you're a brand new coach or consultant who is trying to figure out how to package your services and what to charge, this course is for you.
This course is ideal for independent coaches or consultants who...
Are currently selling their time by the hour, or term (e.g. 3 month package)
Are brand new in business and aren't sure how to package their services
Would like to make it easier to sell their services
Are tired of prospective clients negotiating down price or term
Aren't comfortable selling because they don't know what their time is worth
Aren't getting enough of the right clients
Are creating time-consuming spec proposals for every single prospect
Are having to re-invent the wheel with each new client
Would love to be able to promise specific outcomes to their clients
Would like to create more efficiency in their business
Are interested in creating leveraged programs (e.g. online courses, books) in the future
Would like to know how many clients they need to make the money they desire
Want to be sure they can reach their income goals without working more hours than they want
Would like reliable, predictable cash flow (instead of being on a cash flow roller coaster!)
Want to be sure their business is viable, profitable, and enjoyable
Don't waste another day trying to sell your time.
This course will take you step-by-step through the exact same process I used successfully for myself, and with my private consulting clients, for years.
This course includes:
Instructional Video Lessons for each step of the process
Fill-in-the-blank Worksheets so you can create a profitable Signature Program
Examples for all exercises for your review and reference
Step-by-Step Instructions so you can easily apply what you're learning to your business
Design a Signature Program...
You can become known for
That will set you apart from the competition
You can sell confidently
You know will deliver the results your ideal clients want
That will make your business profitable, enjoyable, and successful
If you're already enrolled in my course, How to Market Yourself as a Coach or Consultant...
... and you're wondering if you should enroll in this course, here are a few things to think about:
1) This course features separate video lessons for EACH of the 5 steps in both my Signature Program and Financial Viability processes. If you've struggled with these processes and you want more in-depth instruction and explanation, this course provides that.
2) If you prefer focusing your learning on bite-sized topics, this course does just that. This is one of the most important topics I teach because it's what enables you to get out there and offer your services in the way your ideal clients are most likely to buy.
3) If you haven't yet gotten to the Signature Program and Financial Viability sections, this course may help you get these important steps done so you can get out there and start selling your services, while you're still learning and applying the rest of the marketing steps.
4) If you've completed my How to Market Yourself course and you're still struggling to package, market and sell your services, this course may just provide the additional know-how, inspiration, and motivation you need to get on track.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for independent coaches or consultants who are currently selling their time by the hour, or by term packages (e.g. 3-month package)
- This course is for independent coaches or consultants who are tired of haggling with clients over hourly rates or term packages and would like to have a package that's easier to sell, and eliminates negotation
- This course is for independent coaches or consultants who wish to be paid for the true value they are delivering to their clients
- This course is for existing coaches or consultants, or new coaches or consultants who are just starting out and need help packaging their services
Bestselling Online Teacher and Top Marketing Instructor, teaching people how to build a business and life they love
Experienced online teacher, and online & offline business owner sharing real-world experience, including 24 years of business experience and 37 years of marketing experience
Teaching online since 2013: 9 years
In business online since 2004: 18 years
In business since 1998: 24 years
Debbie LaChusa is an online teacher and author. After a 30+ year career in marketing, including successfully building and running her own coaching and consulting business for 20+ years, Debbie retired from her business in 2017 to focus on online teaching and writing.
She's a bestselling online teacher with more than 27,000 students in 173 countries. She's also the author of four books.
A pet therapy volunteer since 2014, Debbie has done more than 500 pet therapy visits with her golden retrievers, Hope and Faith.
In 2018, Debbie and her husband relocated from the hustle and bustle of Southern California to the mountains of Western North Carolina, where they currently live on a mountaintop in a home they've nicknamed The Treehouse. Debbie spends her time creating online courses, writing, enjoying the outdoors, and doing volunteer pet therapy.
Debbie teaches courses for independant coaches and consultants on a variety of topics, including Business Design, Marketing, Branding, Sales, and Mindset. She also teaches a course on Therapy Dog Training & Certification. All of her courses are based on years of real world experience.