How to Decorate Half and Half Cakes
What you'll learn
- How to decorate a cake with two different colours and/or textures of frosting
- How to decorate the join between the different frosting halves
- Step by step decoration of a cake with half sprinkled stripes and half piped flower stripes
- You'll need to be able to assemble a cake so that it's ready to decorate but all of the decoration steps are covered in this course
In this course you'll learn step by step how to divide the frosting on a cake neatly into two halves using a simple technique and minimal tools. You'll use different colours and/or textures of buttercream to decorate the halves of the cake differently and then add finishing touches to the join between the two halves such as piping or sprinkles. BONUS LECTURE: you'll learn from start to finish, step by step how to create a half and half cake divided into sprinkled and floral stripes.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner to advanced cake decorators
With over 10 years of professional cake decorating experience and a background in teaching, Emily shares her creative designs and techniques with passion and patience. She breaks down each technique into manageable steps, focusing on the little details and also troubleshooting what can go wrong and how to fix it!