How to Dance: Kick Ball Change / Top Rock
What you'll learn
- Execute a proper “kick ball change” or “top rock” dance move on the dance floor.
- Use the "chunking" method to help you learn this dance. Strengthen your rhythm.
- Enjoy a fun aerobic workout while learning one of the most important hip hop dance move.
- Student should have a basic understanding of rhythm.
- Students need to have the desire to learn to dance.
- Students need to understand English because the instructions are given in English.
- Students must come with a positive "never quit" attitude.
The Kick Ball Change is one of the most important move you will master because it is the foundation for many other hip hop moves. Learn and master this dance move in this 9 lesson comprehensive course.
Layers Upon Layers
In this course, you will learn that a proper kick ball change is not just a simple move but layers upon layers of moves. Ceech will teach you this entire move progressively by starting with a simple kick-step-step; slowly, he will make minor adjustments to incorporate hops, tempo changes, arm variations, and free style combos. Most importantly, Ceech will teach you how to stay on beat. By the end of the course, you will learn to incorporate all of these layers of moves together.
Repetition is Key
The more you practice, the more natural you will look. The course is designed for you to practice each lesson multiple times.
Explanation Videos & Exercise Videos
With over 20 years of teaching experience, Ceech explains the key elements of each exercise video as well as many potential pitfalls and/or mistakes that most beginning students might make. You will watch each explanation video before watching and practicing to its respective exercise video.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to dance and do the kick ball change / top rock.
- If you stand by the bar/wall when your friends are having fun on the dance floor, this course is made for you.
- If you have already looked on YouTube for “kick ball change” or “top rock” videos and you still cannot do it, then this course is for you.
- If your dance teacher taught you a bunch of dance moves but never taught you how to stay on beat, then this course is definitely for you.
- If you think you know the “kick ball change” or “top rock”, but not quite sure, then this course will make sure you definitely know how it is done.
- This course is designed for absolute beginners who have zero to very little dance experience.
- If you are looking to learn hip hop choreography, this is NOT the course for you.
- If you think that just by watching without actually practicing, then this course is NOT for you.
Ceech has a Masters in Kinesiology as well as electrical engineering degree. Currently, he is a professor of dance and physical education at Mission College in Santa Clara, CA and Cabrillo College in Aptos, CA.
With over 20 years of teaching experience, Ceech has received numerous awards including: Community Leadership Award by Soulyztic, Battlefest Hall of Fame Award, Community Outreach Award by All the Way Live Foundation, and nominated for the Izadora Duncan Award 2008 for Best Ensemble.
Ceech performed/choreographed by the Nike sponsored Culture Shock San Francisco (1997-199), Mindtricks (some of the members later formed Jabbawockeez), and founded DS Players. He was personally trained by the legendary Skeeter Rabbit (RIP) of the Electric Boogaloos and Gary Kendell (RIP) of the Jabbawockeez and Mindtricks.