What you'll learn
- Identify the core features and use cases of Nearpod for online training, teaching and instruction.
- Plan the the use of your slide presentations to integrate with Nearpod interactive tools
- Practise the skills required to simulate audience interaction in a web-conferencing tools (Zoom)
- Identify the optimal screen set up for participants in your Nearepod sessions.
- Explore the most impactful content and activity types
- You only need a PC, Mac or Chromebook or even a mobile device to complete this course. I will recommend the use of a variety of tools, all of which you can try and experiment with, without incurring a cost. I will provide you with a presentation template that you can use to develop a plan for your future virtual classroom sessions.
If you want to create an engaging learning experience in a fully online environment or the face-to-face classroom Nearpod is a tool you should use. It’s powerful toolset and intuitive interface lets you take your presentation slides and enhance, augment and extend them with a variety of tools that drive participant engagement and improve audience retention. In this class you will integrate your existing slide presentations with the interactive toolset and leverage best practices in online pedagogy and instructional design. The course guides you to the features of Nearpod that will have the most impact on your audience ranging from gamification elements, interactive video, polling, quizzes, whiteboard and more. You will receive illuminating guidance as to how to deploy nearpod in a fully online environment. I will show you step-by-step guides for deployment of Nearpod in Zoomt . Nearpod operates on a freemium model which gives you almost all of its functionality for free. You will be provided with a PowerPoint slide template that you can re-use to develop your future Nearpod presentations.
Teaching online using virtual classroom and video conferencing technology has become a requirement for educators and trainers around the globe, but how many have had any professional development training. Many of you will have trained to teach and deliver training in a face-to-face environment which requires a different skill set to the online environment. I have been teaching and training for over 30 years. In the last 10 I have specialised in remote teaching for the world’s biggest EdTech companies. I will bring my depth of experience and research evidence to bear to provide you with a roadmap to successful online engagement with Nearpod.
Who this course is for:
- Educators in Higher Education
- Educators in High School Education
- Corporate Training Professionals
I am an online education expert. I have worked with Higher Education Institutions, corporate and public sector clients across the world and I have over 30 years’ experience in online teaching and learning with a specialization in Instructional Design.
In recent years I have focused on the professional development of academics and academic support staff (including professional development for early career researchers) engaged in digital teaching and learning in blended and distance learning environments.
I’m a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.