How to create a winning TV Pilot Proposal
What you'll learn
- By the end of the course, you will be able to pitch your idea clearly from a creative and buisness point of view.
- In this course you will learn Charlotte's top ten successful elments used in her winning paperwork proposals.
- Students should be familiar with some of the basic television terminology.
- A video player device is needed for this course. Quicktime for example. PC, Laptop, Tablet or Smartphone with a video player installed.
How to create a winning TV pilot proposal: This course is about learning, knowing and understanding what key elements to cover in your written proposal.
- Have you shot a TV pilot, sizzle reel or presentation tape and ready to pitch?
- Are you ready to shoot a visual presentation but don't know how?
- Do you have a show concept but don't know where to start?
If your answer is YES... then this course is for you! Many spend hundreds and thousands of dollars creating beautiful pitching presentations:
- Television Pilots
- Sizzle Reels
- Presentation Tapes
But most forget about the paperwork. When pitching a show concept it is vital to have both written and visual presentations. You want a complete package to help tell and sell your story.
The paperwork proposal is like the engine inside of a car. Yes, the car looks great but how does it run? How does it get from place to place? Where do you park it? Network executives and investors will ask lots of questions before and after they see your visual presentation. This course will prepare you for most of those questions.
In this course I will use my original pitching package that earn a 24 hour green-light from a television network executive and went on to become a hit celebrity talk show on a top tier cable network. I will utilize videos and power point slides to dissect the written proposal and showcase some of the original TV pilot. Footage from the TV pilot will be used as examples to drive home certain key elements needed in a written proposal.
This course was designed to be "On Demand" & "Time" friendly . All videos and lessons are up for a lifetime. You can complete the course in one day, one week or one month it's totally up to you. After you complete the course there will be a special gift waiting for you!
A downloadable PDF of this winning proposal will be provided at the end of the course as a "Thank You" gift from me to you.
Who this course is for:
- This course is intended for independent directors, producers or actors who have written a television show or script, shot a television pilot or sizzle reel. Anyone who is planning to take pitching meetings with a television network executive and or investor.
- Individuals who do not have a lot of time on their hands and need to learn fast and get the ball rolling.
- Anyone who has a show concept and is looking to take it to the next level professionally.
A CLIO & AICP award-winning copywriter, TV producer, television host, creative brand director, published author and entrepreneur. She has worked with NBC, Syfy, Viacom, Lifetime, Spike TV, Comedy Central, HGTV and InDemand. Her work has earned an induction into the MOMA and features in numerous media outlets, including The New York Times, The New Yorker, The New York Post, and Essence.Charlotte has appeared as a special guest expert on The Tyra Banks Show and she has interviewed celebrities including Magic Johnson, Marlee Matlin, Samuel Jackson and Janet Jackson—just to name a few on her celebrity talk show that aired #1 on Viacom's Centric (formerly BETJ). Charlotte is lead creative of Libra Baby Burley Productions; producing video content for artists, small businesses, big brands and television networks as well as providing creative marketing and branding consultation services.