How to create a video game: Unity 2D game development!
- 4.5 hours on-demand video
- 8 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn all of the basic components of a 2d platform game.
- By the end of this course, you will be able to develop your very own game!
- You will understand sprite sheet animation
- You will have a solid grasp on how Unity 2D game scripting works
- You will understand standard game components, such as a camera, lighting, etc.
- Computer with Unity installed (from unity3d.com)
In this course we will learn how to develop a 2D platform type of game in Unity. Unity is free to use and is a very powerful game engine with a lot of cool features and functionalities. James will walk you through how to create everything from an animated character from a sprite sheet, multiple level maps, enemies, moving platforms, camera scripting, audio integration, particle systems (for special effects), and much more. This course is tended for beginners looking to learn the basics of game development.
This game development course is setup as a walkthrough series; developing all the components of a game from scratch. James will be the course instructor who is a guest teacher for mybringback.