Create a Successful Website Design & SEO Business for 2022
What you'll learn
- Website Design Fundamentals — Coding, Domains, Hosting, Emails, SSL, WordPress, Divi
- How to Build a Website, eCommerce, Mobile-Friendly Sites, One-Page Sites, Multi-Page Websites, Where to Find Design Inspiration, Image Assets, Adobe Software
- How to Create a Web Design Brand — What is a Brand, Building Your Brand, Your Brand's Website, Promoting Your Brand
- Search Engine Optimization — On-Site SEO, Off-Site SEO and Selling SEO Services as a Business
- Website Maintenance Plans — Hosting, Management, Updates and Security Services, as well as how to sell your maintenance plan
- How to Serve Clients — Earning, Interviewing, Quotes, Proposals, Contracts, Onboarding, Designing & Developing, Polishing & Launching Sites, Maintaining Clients
- No prior knowledge is required! Nothing is assumed. Everything will be taught so you can build a successful website design business from the ground up.
- This course is also designed for existing web designers and freelancers who want to level-up their business! Follow my tips to simplify your processes, automate your workflow and earn higher-value clients.
- We recommend several of the tools and products we've been using since 2006, including web hosting and the Divi theme, which are required for this course. We also reference the Adobe design software and where to find business cards to promote the web design brand you'll create in this course. You may shop around for your own web hosting account or follow our recommendations (IONOS / Cloudways) using the links in the course description. Web hosting is required to build websites and especially to build a website design business but the specific hosting company you choose is up to you.
WELCOME TO THIS MAMMOTH WEB DESIGN BUSINESS COURSE!
I’m Leighton, your webmaster. I’ve devoted over 15 years to designing and developing hundreds of websites for reputable businesses across the globe. Commitment to quality has earned me over 100 5-star reviews.
Now, I’m offering you my secrets. Let me share the tips, tricks and skills I’ve learned while owning a successful web design business.
But why web design? What’s the appeal of this type of business? Are you interested in:
Freedom to work from anywhere in the world?
Freedom to set your own schedule?
Freedom to choose whom you work with?
Yes, there are tons of benefits to embracing this industry, and my master class will teach you:
The Fundamentals of Web Design — Coding, Domains, Hosting, Emails, SSLs, WordPress, Divi.
How to Build a Website — Visually Designing & Developing One-Page, Multi-Page, eCommerce and Mobile-Friendly Sites, and where to go for Design Inspiration, Image Assets and the best Design Tools.
How to Create Your Brand — Which includes your professional website, logo, email address, business cards, digital portfolio and how to promote your web design brand.
Search Engine Optimization — Using both on-site and off-site techniques, and how to sell SEO services.
Website Maintenance Plans — How to build value and create passive income by offering to your clients a Maintenance Plan that includes Hosting, Management, Updates and Security Services.
How to Serve Clients — Where I'll walk you through the entire process: Earning & Interviewing Clients, Quoting Their Website, Sending Proposals & Contracts, Invoicing & Taxes, On-Boarding Clients, Designing, Developing, Polishing & Launching Websites and Maintaining Your Clients.
Conclusions and Takeaways — 10 Key takeaways for success, 10 things I wish I knew starting out and 10 things to avoid running a web design business.
Basically, you’ll learn the solid foundation you need to start running a successful web design business. I don’t believe in guarantees. I don’t believe in get-rich-quick schemes. But I do believe in honesty and hard work; with the knowledge from this course, in tandem with a solid work ethic, you can reap the benefits of this wonderful business. I’ve seen the potential first-hand. Let me help you!
I promise to teach you these practical, actionable concepts in a fun and engaging way. Each lesson will have opportunities to “pause and do something,” including applicative homework assignments, where you can put these lessons into action!
Let’s get started!
"This course is Amazing! Everything I learned so far for Web Design is because of Leighton and his ability to teach and explain in a simple yet elegant style. The illustrations allow for a smooth learning experience which makes it fun. If you truly want to learn how to start your own Web Design business, this course is the one!"
- D. Barrett, Freelancer in East Tennessee, USA
”I love this guys energy and real clarity. I wish he could teach me everything about tech! Most courses are so much fluff as they try to stair step you to the meat and potatoes. If anyone out there wants a crash deep dive into all things website building I recommend this course 1000%.”
- L. Hall
"This is one of those rare tutorials that actually lays out a solid business plan for a pretty low risk opportunity. The step-by-step guide laid out in these videos is very valuable."
- M. Schoenbeck
Software and Services for Success:
Domain, Web Hosting and Divi are required in this course, since we will be using these when teaching you how to build a website. We recommend building your website while watching this course. You can utilize any domain and hosting services you want, but IONOS and Cloudways are the ones we recommend if you aren't already invested in another provider. We also require WordPress, which is free, but it must be installed on your own paid hosting server.
Adobe Software: www. pioneer .media/adobe
GoDaddy Domains: www. pioneer .media/godaddy
IONOS Web Hosting: www. pioneer .media/ionos
Cloudways Managed Cloud Hosting: www. pioneer .media/cloudways
Moo Business Cards: www. pioneer .media/moo
Divi WordPress Theme: www. pioneer .media/divi
(The links above take you to the services referenced in various lessons. These are the services we have been using since 2006 and highly recommend in this course. Clicking through our affiliate link is optional. We will receive a small commission, but this is a nice way to be kind to your webmaster! These are the best services we could possibly recommend in their respected fields. Please enjoy!)
Who this course is for:
- Beginners! If you're wondering how to build a web design business with no experience, this is the perfect course for you. This is designed to teach you everything you need to know to learn how to build both a website and a business.
- Existing freelancers & agencies: If you already have a web design business and you desire to level up your skills, this is the perfect course for you. We'll help you refine and polish your processes to earn quality clients.
- Looking to pivot to a new industry? Why not try web design? In my experience, this has proven to be a pandemic-friendly industry since businesses especially need their website as an important marketing tool.
My name is Leighton Smith, an enthusiastic resident of East Tennessee. In business, I wear several metaphorical “hats.” I am Pioneer Media’s website designer, web developer and webmaster. Each is a unique role in the process of creating a website. As a “solopreneur” freelancer, I am self-employed and the one-and-only point-of-contact for my clients' websites. I’ve built 100s of websites since learning to code in 2006 and absolutely love what I do. In addition to helping small businesses, I enjoy volunteering, strengthening relationships and traveling the world.
My flagship business course, Create a Successful Website Design & SEO Business for 2022, has 20 hours of content divided into 7 sections: Fundamentals of Web Design, How to Design & Develop a Website, Building a Brand, Search Engine Optimization, Website Maintenance Plans, How to Serve Clients, and Key Takeaways for Success as a Website Design Business.
My 2nd course, Work Less & Make More Money Through Time Optimization, is designed to help you take back control of your time with 20 tips on improving your personal productivity and optimizing your business to increase profits while decreasing the time spent working.