How to Create a Simple Strategic Plan
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 3 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn what a Strategic Plan is and how it can help you create the business you want
- Learn the difference between a traditional Strategic Plan and a Simple Strategic Plan (and why you probably don't need to spend the time on a traditional plan)
- Learn the difference between a Strategic Plan and a Marketing Plan and why you need both
- Learn the difference between Setting Goals and Setting Intentions (and why this course doesn't ask you to set Goals)
- Learn what a SWOT Analysis is and how to complete an effective one in an afternoon without doing a ton of research
- Learn what can hold you back in your business and how to become aware of it so you can easily overcome it
- Create a simple Strategic Plan in an afternoon so you can get onto creating the business you really want
- A clear idea of the life and business you'd like to have (however, it's not necessary to know HOW to get there - that's what this course is all about!)
Learn How to Create an Inspired Road Map for Your Coaching or Consulting Business... So You Can Create the Business and Life You’ve Been Dreaming Of!
If your business is not where you'd like it to be, or you're ready for a change and you want to create a road map to help you get wherever you'd like to go, this course is for you.
Whatever kind of business YOU'D like to have... I'd like to share with you a simple process you can use to get fiercely focused so you can create it.
Not only will it help you make decisions every day about what you need to DO to get there, it will also set things up so the Universe can support you.
I'm not going to get all woo-woo on you, but I will tell you when you get crystal clear on what you want, it changes EVERYTHING.
And it ups-the-odds that you will actually get there... or perhaps get someplace even better!
This process is simple, you can complete it in an afternoon, and on a couple sheets of paper.
I'm going to give you...
A fill-in-the-blank template (to make it easy to create your plan)
Examples from 3 different Strategic Plans (so you know what goes in each section)
A Sample Strategic Plan (so you know what a completed plan looks like)
And I will walk you through a very simple 6-step process (so you can easily create your plan)
You may be thinking, “A Strategic Plan… that sounds complicated… isn’t that something corporations do… do I really need one if it’s just me?”
First of all, I’m not going to teach you how to do a traditional corporate Strategic Plan. You’re right, you don’t need THAT!
I used to develop those plans when I worked in the corporate and non-profit sectors. They’re a ton of work, they’re pages and pages long, and they are NOT what you need as an independent coach or consultant.
What I WILL teach you is a scaled down version that only includes the parts you need to get focused and clear about the type of business and life you want to create.
What Students Are Saying About This Course
Once again Debbie has delivered. My strategic plan did take less than a day to do. Through her direction, I now have focus on where I want my life to go and how to get there.
My strategic plan is concise, realistic, achievable and not overwhelming to accomplish.
Really helpful course Debbie. I haven't considered using intentions instead of goals before and I liked how simplified your process for writing our mission and vision statements was.
- Independent coaches and consultants who are in a business they're not happy with or who are looking for a change in direction
- Independent coaches and consultants who feel like they and their business are all over the place and want to get focused
- Brand new coaches or consultants who want to make sure the business they end up with is a business they will enjoy
A brief welcome from your instructor, Debbie LaChusa, The Business Stylist, and an introduction to the Strategic Plan process we will be walking through in this course.
I wanted to help you understand the process we will be going through in this course and I thought what better way than to help you see that creating a Strategic Plan is probably a lot like something else you've probably done many times before.
A Strategic Plan is NOT the same thing as a Marketing Plan. You do need both. In this lesson I share the difference between the two.
Be sure to download and print out the handouts in this section. They are the only handouts/worksheets and you will be using them throughout the entire course as you create your Strategic Plan:
1) Strategic Plan Example - this is a real Strategic Plan so you can see what one looks like (I've included 2 formats, Word and PDF, so you may use whichever works best for you)
2) Strategic Plan Template - you can use this template to create your plan as you go through the lessons. Simply fill in each section as you track through the course.
Traditional corporate Strategic Plans will have you write down specific measurable goals and objectives. Not so here! I think there's a better way and in fact, after doing this many years in my own business, I know it's better! In this lesson I explain the difference between Goals and Intentions, and I share why I prefer setting intentions.
Time for step 2 in your SWOT Analysis... Creating a list of your Weaknesses. Don't worry, we all have them. And better to identify them upfront than to be surprised by them down the road. Knowing what they are will help you devise a plan to overcome them, or at least work around them.
Once your Strategic Plan is complete you don't want to just file it away in a folder. It won't help you that way! It's time to start implementing those Strategies and Tactics. In this lesson I talk about implementing your plan. I prefer to think about it as Embarking On Your Journey because it is a journey. And it can be a fun and magical one that you will truly enjoy if you approach it the proper way.