How to Create a Personal Academic Website
- basic computer competence
- Know how to upload images
- comfortable with Wordpress interface
This is a step-by-step guide on how to create a personal academic website. You will be able to build a personal academic website in approximately 10 minutes, from start to finish.
- Great for Phd students, post-docs, adjuncts, or tenure-track professors
- Course has videos, text, and audio guides
- Over 30 minutes of course content
- Control your online digital presence as an academic
The only prerequisties are to have on hand a CV, a profile picture, and a basic description of your research.
Who this course is for:
- Academics who want their own website
- Academics who want a simple guide to making their own website
- NOT for anyone who wants to make an extremely complicated website
- 04:54How to set up web hosting
- 05:23How to add pages to your new website - NOTE: DOWNLOAD PILCROW THEME HERE
- 06:22How to design your academic website
Michael Rank is a PhD in Middle East history. He studied at Central European University in Budapest, Hungary and holds an MA in Ottoman History from Bilgi University in Istanbul, Turkey. His research project is on Christian-Muslim intellectual and religious history in late Ottoman Istanbul. Michael has taught courses in Hungary, Turkey, and the United States on Middle East History, International Affairs, Intercultural Studies, and American History. Prior to joining academia, he worked as a journalist in Istanbul where he reported on religion and human rights in the Middle East.
Michael is the author of 12 books, including "From Muhammed to Burj Khalifa: A Crash Course in 2,000 Years of MIddle East History,"; "The Crusades and the Soldiers of the Cross"; and "The Most Powerful Women in the MIddle Ages: Queens, Saints, and Viking Slayers, From Empress Theodora to Elizabeth of Tudor."
He lives in Istanbul with his wife and two daughters.