How to create a CRUD Application with Python and Oracle
What you'll learn
- Installing Python
- Installing Oracle Database Server
- Creating a new database
- Creating a new table
- Create Graphical User Interface for application
- Create and activate a virtual environment
- Installing Oracle Python Database Connector
- Creating database configuration file
- Connecting to and interacting with database from Python
- Create a class with methods
- Creating stand alone functions
- Wiring functions to widgets
- Interacting with ListBox
- Performing CRUD operations on database with Python
- Basic knowledge of Python
- Basic knowledge of Databases
- Basic knowledge of SQL
In this course you learn how to interface a Python application program with an Oracle Server Database. Python has various modules that you can use to interact with databases. We will install CX_ORACLE connector module to enable us interact with Oracle Server database from our Python application.
We will be installing Python and Oracle database server and also create a new database and table that our Python application will interact with.
We will create the Python application frontend using Tkinter which is a built in Python module used to create graphical user interfaces . From tkinter module we will import ttk module which is a themed widget library that contains various types of widgets like buttons,labels etc that we can use to build the graphical user interface for our Python application. We will also import other bits and pieces from the tkinter module that our Python application will use.
Also we will create a database configuration file that twill be used to interact with the Oracle Server database from our Python application. We will also be creating a class with methods and also stand alone functions for our application.
When the application is complete we will be able to perform CRUD operations on the Oracle database from our Python application.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners to creating Python Database Driven Applications.
Bluelime is UK based and creates quality easy to understand eLearning solutions .All our courses are 100% video based. We teach hands –on- examples that teach real life skills .
Bluelime has engaged in various types of projects for fortune 500 companies and understands what is required to prepare students with the relevant skills they need.