How to Create a Course for Your Business
- A computer with internet connection
Welcome to the Frontier of Corporate e-Learning!
If you are excited to create innovative online courses and currently have an active Udemy for Business learning portal inside your company, then you have come to the right place. Whether you are an experienced instructional designer, a boot-strapping entrepreneur, or a creatively charged employee - nothing should keep you from sharing the skills you know best with the rest of your company. Udemy for Business course creation is all about breaking down the skills-gap by promoting internal knowledge sharing in a way that is simple, engaging, and mobile-ready.
This course is your one-stop-shop for all things related to course creation. The Udemy instructor team has created this course to be a constantly evolving resource for all of your course creation needs. Here's what we'll cover:
- What scenarios are most useful for creating an internal online course
- How to create your course, from beginning to end.
- Course quality suggestions: so you can make sure your course is up to par.
- How to pick your course topic, identify your target audience, and plan your outline.
- How to actually film your course: the nuts and bolts of capturing awesome audio and video, and high quality editing to make sure your course looks amazing.
- How to create buzz around the launch of your course internally and keep students engaged when the course is live
- Teaching tips, and how to make edits to your course post-publishing.
Additionally, think of this course as the jumping-off point for your exploration into the Udemy Instructor Community. We'll direct you to all of our resources as well as our communities where you can join the conversation and interact with other instructors from all walks of life (as well as the Udemy team).
Are you ready to push the boundaries of corporate e-learning? Let's go!
If you are not a Udemy for Business customer and would like to learn more about us, go ahead and shoot us an email at email@example.com with the subject line "Tell Me More!"
- New Udemy for Business instructors
- Existing Udemy for Business instructors improving their courses
- Any employee interested in sharing their skills internally through an online course
- When to Make an Online Course03:12
- Example Onboarding Video (Let's make coffee!)03:05
- Course Landscape01:04
- Resources Landscape03:28
- Course Quality Recommendations3 pages
- Review of Introduction00:57
- Introduction to Planning00:59
- Pick Your Topic01:27
- Set your Schedule01:03
- Create Your Outline02:33
- Planning on Self-Production or Outsourcing00:41
- Review of Planning00:46
- Introducing Udemy's Production Expert00:31
- Introduction to Production01:57
- Selecting Your Equipment02:47
- Instructor Guest Lecture: Alexa Fischer's Top Tips for Getting on Camera3 pages
- Instructor Guest Lecture: No Fear Talking Head Videos with Len Smith03:59
- Test Videos02:24
- Shooting & Editing Your Course3 pages
- Assembling Your Course01:40
- Review of Producing01:09
- Introduction to Polishing00:43
- Course Management Navigation03:23
- Course Landing Page02:19
- Promotional Video & Course Image01:36
- Review of Polishing00:25
- Introduction to Promoting00:42
- Promote Your Course01:23
- Engage Your Employees02:57
- Review of Publish & Promote00:29
- Introduction to Tactical Screencasts00:31
- How to Update Content Without Deleting Lectures01:46
- Adding and Managing Co-Instructors01:51
- Managing Privacy Settings in Your Course01:43
- Approving Courses Created by non-Admins02:07
- Creating Closed Captioning (CC)02:34
- Conclusion & Resources00:56
- Bonus: The Science of Student Success01:35
Udemy for Business is a forward-thinking new learning platform that empowers organizations to address their biggest workforce challenges, no matter what they are. Built for businesses striving to be at the forefront of innovation, Udemy for Business offers relevant, engaging learning content anytime, anywhere. With over 2000+ high-quality courses taught by the world’s leading experts and real-world practitioners, we have content ranging from programming and design to marketing and stress management. In addition to the extensive content collection, Udemy for Business enables organizations to easily and securely assemble and distribute proprietary content in one central place - a customized learning portal.
High-performing organizations including PayPal, Lyft, T-Mobile, Barclays, ON24, Century 21 and Pitney Bowes choose Udemy for Business to upskill their workforce and drive learning forward