Java Database Connection: JDBC and MySQL
- Students should have basic knowledge of Java progamming.
- Students should have basic experience with MySQL
This course assumes you have some knowledge of databases.
Join 15,000+ highly engaged students
All source code is available for download
Responsive instructor available to answer your questions.
Excellent 5-Star Reviews!
Very well designed course. I like clarity and delivery of contents. I wish there were more courses from Chad !!!!
- Satish Jain
I have to say that I was extremely pleased to note that his lecture material was straightforward and to the point. I was also impressed with how well he structured the contents! His presence was felt as he periodically showed interest in my progress. I would definitely recommend his material to anyone interested in expanding their programming knowledge with additional tools.
If you want to learn everything about JDBC - this is the course for you! Excellent content. Brilliant explanation.
- Vishal Kumar
In this course, you learn how to connect to a MySQL database using Java JDBC.
The course starts with an overview of the JDBC API. Then you learn how to set up your development environment with the appropriate MySQL database drivers. Next the course shows you how to submit a SQL query and process the result set. Also, you learn how to perform SQL insert, updates and deletes.
The course moves on to advanced topics such as Prepared Statements to handle SQL paramaters. You also learn how to call stored procedures using various parameter types (IN, INOUT, OUT and ResultSet). Next, the course shows you how to process large data types such as BLOBs and CLOBs. Finally, the course wraps up with a section on reading database connection information from a configuration file.
Who Is This Course Suitable For?
- Java developers: beginner, intermediate or advanced
Note: This course assumes you have some knowledge of databases.
You Will Learn How To
- Connect to a MySQL Database with Java
- Submit SQL statements to insert, update and delete data
- Handle SQL parameters with Prepared Statements
- Calls stored procedures and handle various parameter types (IN, INOUT etc..)
- Read and write BLOB and CLOB data files
- Configure your database connection information with properties files
- All source code is available for download
- All database scripts are available for download
You should have the following software already installed.
- MySQL Database
- Java Development Kit
- The course is appropriate for all Java developers: beginners to advanced
- Course Introduction01:28
- JDBC Overview06:00
- Database Setup Overview00:26
- Install the MySQL Database04:49
- Create New Database User in MySQL Workbench03:05
- Download JDBC Source Code00:00
- Setting up the Development Environment06:21
- Submitting SQL Queries03:56
- Getting rid of MySQL SSL Warning Message00:24
- Inserting Data into the Database02:33
- Updating Data in the Database03:01
- Deleting Data from the Database02:26
- Creating Prepared Statements04:34
- Calling Stored Procedures - Part 1 - IN Parameters06:16
- Calling Stored Procedures - Part 2 - INOUT Parameters03:07
- Calling Stored Procedures - Part 3 - OUT Parameters03:57
- Calling Stored Procedures - Part 4 - Result Set02:44
- Defining JDBC Transactions05:49
- Accessing Database MetaData05:12
- Reading ResultSet MetaData03:50
- Reading and Writing BLOBs07:29
- Reading and Writing CLOBs05:42
- Reading Database Connection Info from Properties File03:07
- Discount Coupon for More of My Java Training00:41
- Direct Links to My Java Courses00:10
Chád (shod) Darby is an author, instructor and speaker in the Java development world.
Chád is a contributing author to several Java books, including Professional Java E-Commerce (Wrox Press), Beginning Java Networking (Wrox Press), and XML and Web Services Unleashed (Sams Publishing).
Chád has Java certifications from Oracle and IBM.
He holds a B.S. in Computer Science from Carnegie Mellon University.