How to Conduct a Needs Analysis: The Basics
What you'll learn
- Execute four steps to a needs analysis
- Discuss reasons for a needs analysis and pre-planning
- Gather and organize data from various sources when investigating a problem
- Demonstrate how to evaluate data and training possibilities
- Discuss a needs analysis report
- Basic understanding of data analysis
- Interest in organizational performance
** ACCORDING TO DYNAMIC WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS: "Conducting a needs analysis is a critical activity for the training and development of employees and/or clients. Whether you are a human resource generalist or a training specialist, you should be adept at performing a training needs analysis."
** SPECIAL FREE BONUS** NEEDS ANALYSIS WORKBOOK INCLUDED. In order to further improve the student experience, there is a free download of an Excel workbook packed with activities and ready to use models. This helps ensure everything is even easier to understand & even more fun and engaging! **
Are you ready to identify and remedy inefficiency gaps and improve the knowledge base in your organization?
In this course, you will learn a four step process to analyze an organization's personnel performance, test production efficiency, conduct a skills audit and execute a training program with razor sharp precision. This course covers important topics such as organizational surveillance, investigation, analysis and report writing. You will learn or remind yourself of these concepts that will help make you more successful!
The contents of this course are all based on my work experience as a Policy Analyst in The Office of the Presidency of South Africa, founder of Grow2Lead, a leadership and non-profit organization in South Africa and a Data Associate for a leading Education nonprofit in New York City. I received a PhD from Texas A&M University and a Master's degree in Public Administration from the Bush School of Government. This course ties together both my theoretical knowledge and practical experience in a dynamic, practical and applicable way.
Students of this course will enjoy learning from an instructor who is committed to practical application, passionate about supporting students through additional resources and continually updating this course with the latest tools.
This course will result in you being able to conduct a Basic Needs Analysis by the end.
What are the requirements?
- Come ready to learn :)
What am I going to get from this course?
- Join a global community of students!
- Superb reviews!
- Identify and rectify your organizational inefficiencies!
- Design a powerful training program to improve your organization's knowledge base!
Who is the target audience?
- Managers or Program Evaluators interested in improving organizational performance.
Who this course is for:
- Program Evaluators
- Managers seeking to identify and rectify performance, production and resource gaps
Dr. Warren Chalklen is a passionate South African and education innovator who has taught over 145,046+ students across 182 countries using online and face to face platforms. He is obsessed with realizing a better world through building individual and organizational capacity in the fields of diversity, policy analysis, and data driven performance with softwares such as Excel, Salesforce and Balanced Scorecard tools. In his spare time he loves to travel and recently returned from a vacation in Cuba!