How to Close the Gaps Between What You Want Versus Are Getti
What you'll learn
- Identify Red Lights
- Explore why Red Lights matter
- Explore why Perceptions matter
- Recognize how Red Lights are a Two-Way Street
- Explore The Secret Formula #2 and recognize why it matters
- Explore how an Advisory Program differs from being Mentored
- Explore how using an Advisor can accelerate your career or job search
- No Advanced Preparation or Prerequisites are needed for this course. However, it is recommended to take the other courses in the series prior to completing this one.
Many people work hard, accomplish much, and yet find themselves not getting the promotions they want, the respect they deserve, or the new job that they need. Previous courses covered the overview and the first two steps of the Road Map for Career and Job Search Success. This course focuses on the third step of the Road Map that helps you identify your “Red Lights” that may be derailing or impeding your career or job search.
We begin with reviewing examples of what they can be and suggesting that you personally examine yourself to see what areas may need improving. However, every company and hiring manager has different opinions and priorities for what really matters to them – and it may not be what you think. The challenge is to find out what decision makers think which is why we will introduce The Secret Formula, Level Two. This process will help you identify gaps that can be prioritized to help your career.
Finally, after understanding what you think are your Red Lights and what others think is important, we introduce an Advisory Program that you can use for either career success or the job search to actually solicit advice that can leapfrog your journey by months and years. By closing your red light gaps, as viewed by key decision makers with their priorities, you begin the process of revolutionizing your competitive edge – versus those who choose to “go it alone” and wonder why success is so hard.
If you would like Continuing Education Credit (e.g. CPE, CE, CPD, etc.) for this course, it is available if you take this course on the Illumeo dot com platform under course title: How to Close the Gaps Between What You Want Versus Are Getting. Illumeo is certified to provide CPE in over two dozen different professional certifications covering finance, accounting, treasury, internal audit, HR, and more. However, in order to receive CPE credit the courses must be taken on an ‘approved-by-the-governing-body’ CPE platform, and for over two dozen corporate professional certifications, that is the Illumeo platform. Go to Illumeo dot com to learn more.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in personal development or related fields.
Illumeo, incorporated in 2009, is revolutionizing the hide-bound world of corporate learning. Illumeo works with corporate professionals and organizations of all sizes to build the skills and capabilities that help everyone be an expert at their job.
Based in Silicon Valley, CA, Illumeo serves thousands of corporations and corporate professionals across Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, Sales and Marketing. The platform offers assessments, industry-benchmarked competency analyses, hundreds of expert-developed courses, collaborative tools, and the ability for companies to self-publish internal courses that promote institutional knowledge retention and dissemination.
Illumeo is the place for expertise management and we are dedicated to the proposition that everyone can be an expert at their job.
Jim Villwock is the Founder and CEO of Human Investment Advisory, Inc., (HIA), an advisory, consulting, and solution company that helps companies improve profit, value, and momentum through closing the gaps between the CEO/Board and their Human Investments.
Jim is a recognized thought leader in helping companies revolutionize their competitive edge in finance, procurement, sales, channels, and now HR, leadership, and governance. Examples:
- Finance: Helped create a service solution business from scratch to $1 billion with zero company product in a manufacturing cultural environment.
- Sales: Jim took over a manufacturing software group with $2 million in sales and transformed it into over $60 million in new sales during the first year.
- Channels: Redefined the channel strategy for the world’s largest networking products company while reducing global parts cost by $20 million.
- HR: Redefined how Boards and CEOs can look at an organization as Human Investments requiring increasing value and ROI in support of business objectives.
- Leadership: Identified three major leadership gaps and created models to close the gaps. Models are referred to as Human Investment Leadership℠, Teampreneurship℠, and Jobpreneurship℠ which, when combined, lead to alignment, engagement, and motivation.
- Governance (GRC): Saw the gap between a compliance only focus versus a culture of governance. Teams with partners to offer enterprise GRC solutions at Board levels and down.
- Procurement: Innovated twenty new paradigms for world class procurement. Created a global organization supporting 80 countries where subsidiary country managers asked him to expand his control in their countries. Result included auditable profit contributions exceeding $70 million per year. Total auditable savings exceeded $480 million.
Jim's background includes being a global executive in Fortune 500 companies, a serial entrepreneur, and a business advisor to help companies grow. He is also the author of the books “Whacked Again!” , “Trusted Relationships”, “Jobpreneurship™ 101″, “Jobpreneurship™ 201″ and “Jobpreneurship™ 202” written to help executives and employees add value and ROI.
Jim holds a MBA from North Texas University, where he graduated magna cum laude; a master’s degree from Dallas Theological Seminary; and a bachelor’s degree from Golden Gate University, where he graduated magna cum laude.
Jim is also a FENG member, former director in the Atlanta Chapter, received scholastic honors from the FEI, and member of CEO and CxO groups.