Interior Design: How To Choose Color For Any Space
What you'll learn
- You Will First Learn the Fundamentals of Colors and Neutrals and How They Work
- You Will Learn How to Understand Undertones, the Color Beneath Colors and Neutrals, Which is Essential to Choosing the Correct Paint Color
- You Will Learn How to Work Around Fixed and Movable Elements in Your Home, the Starting Point To Choosing the Correct Color for any Space
- You Will Learn How to Correctly Mix Warm and Cool Colors/Neutrals as Well as Clean and Dirty Colors/Neutrals to Achieve a Perfectly Balanced Color Scheme
- You Will Learn What Neutrals and Colors Go Together and Which Ones Don't to Avoid Costly Mistakes
- You Will Learn How to Choose Colors/Neutrals for Most Any Scenario in Your Home with Step-By-Step Instructions.
- You Will Learn How to Choose the Correct Furnishings and Fixed Elements (Any Element Fixed in Place) For Any Room so that Your Paint Color is Cohesive
- You Will Learn How Lighting Can Affect Your Paint Colors, and Which Lighting is Best For You and Your Home
- You Will Learn How to Create an Entire Home Color Scheme, Step-by-Step
- You Will Learn How to Easily Test Your Paint Colors Before you Put Them Up on Your Walls
- You Will Learn Extra Do's and Don'ts For Different Areas in Your Home
- No Previous Color Knowledge is Required
This Course is designed to help anyone who might be struggling with the daunting task of choosing paint colors. This is for any space in your home or business!
You will first establish a foundation and learn the fundamentals of How Colors and Neutrals Work. This will include Color Theory, just enough to be useful when learning color for choosing Paint Colors.
Next, you will learn how to spot an Undertone, which is the color beneath a color or neutral. This is a very important thing to learn as this will be the most essential component that will affect your paint color choices.
You will then learn how to look at and describe color. Whether that color or neutral is warm or cool, clean or dirty, light or dark. And then you will learn how to correctly combine them and how to incorrectly combine them.
After this you will learn how to work around the different elements in whatever space you choosing color for. These elements will either be Fixed Elements (Elements that are fixed in place) or Movable Elements (Furnishings, Textiles, etc.) These will be the starting point of your color scheme.
After you have learned these foundational concepts, we will run through several scenarios that you might encounter in your home. Whether you are just starting over in your home or you have to work around what you have, there will be a scenario to help you navigate your way through to the perfect paint color. These scenarios will also help you choose colors for not only paint but also for furnishings and any fixed elements that you may want to put in a space.
Once you have applied everything that you have learned, you will then master how to choose the correct lighting in your space, the best paint sheen, and the do's and don'ts for painting ceilings and other areas of your home.
Then lastly, you will learn the easiest and most effective way to test your paint colors BEFORE you ever paint your walls!
I can't wait for you to join me!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner, Advanced
It is my true passion to help others find delight and experience happiness in the home that they live in. Teaching others to do it for themselves is a huge part of that.
I own my own Color and Design Business and have helped countless people decorate, design, and find the perfect paint colors for their homes. Taking the stress off of my clients and making design completely attainable is my biggest motivation.
I have had the opportunity to create my own Paint Color System that I am able to use everyday in not only my Online Color Consultations but in my In-Home Consultations in the city that I live in. I use simple formulas that I created myself to simplify the decorating process for any part of the home. I love teaching these formulas and my Paint Color System to others, so that they feel equipped and confident. These formulas and systems are exactly what I teach in my classes, so I can't wait to teach you too!
I have been featured on HGTV, designed countless homes for some of the top realtors and businesses where I live, and now my focus is on Udemy. It is my mission to bring you with the best training and learning so that you can design, decorate and choose paint colors for your own dream home or for others if you are wanting to start your own business.
I am not formally educated in Interior Design but rather all of my expertise comes from having great mentors and many years of on-the-job experience. I have thoroughly equipped myself through self-taught education and have loved every minute of it.
I am so looking forward to seeing you in class!