How -To Buy a Domain and Hosting For Newbies
- All you'll need to take this course is an internet connection
- No prior knowledge of anything is needed except how to use google and have an email account.
Buying A Domain Name and Hosting
If you want to build a website, you'll need to have a domain name and hosting.
It even the thought of that seems a bit daunting, this course is for you. We'll cover everything you'll need to know about buying a new domain name and website hosting... And connecting them together.
Aimed at website total beginners Tony covers things slowly so you won't get overwhelmed.
- DNS Transfer
- ... & you'll understand all of the terminology too!
Once you go through this course you will be able to connect a new domain name to your hosting account to anytime you want to.
I'll also show you how to install wordpress at the end too!
With that step you can start building a website.
- It's aimed at those who have never bought a domain name before and don't yet have hosting
- Anyone unfamiliar with buying a domain name or purchasing hosting
- Those wanting to get started building a website with wordpress
- If you are comfortable buying domains and switching DNS you won't need to take this course.
- What Are Domain Registrars
- What is Hosting
- What Are Domain Registrars Known For
- Finding Domain Registrars
- Selecting Popular, New, International or suggested extension.
- What To Look For When Choosing A Hosting Provider
- Why Separate Is Best
- Signing up to Namecheap
- Signing Up With A Hosting Provider Walkthrough.
- Finding Your DNS (domain name servers) And Pointing Them To Your New Hosting
- How To Install Wordpress So You Can Start A Website Or Blog
Tony runs several websites where he teaches all aspects of about digital marketing, search engine optimization (SEO) best practices, local marketing and more. Plus the craft of building websites and blogs with Wordpress.
As training manager, the best moments I recall are when folks achieve things they perceived as impossible for them... It's golden!
He's also a little bit obsessed with graphics and video software... even though he can't use PhotoShop.
The other 2 things that float his boat are classical cooking and business management.
Tony's one of those old skool classical chefs that learnt all about fancy dinky cuisine... It's no wonder he sure can make a good sauce! 25 years in hospitality management has shaped him, literally.
The other thing has been interwoven into Tony is the development of business teams. Oh yes, he'll talk all day about the benefits of a well trained team, and has proven many times that his methods do work with how to get the best out of people in the workplace!