Tableau - How To Build Great Dashboards
What you'll learn
- Learn how to build dashboards that will boost your career
- Best practice tips and guidance to always deliver insightful and engaging dashboards
- Present data in a way that will make your boss and senior management sit up and notice
- The fundamentals to create dashboards that have real world value and will be shared throughout the company
- Basic knowledge of how to use Tableau and build simple charts.
Learn how to build Tableau dashboards that will grab peoples attention and keep it, giving them the answers they need in an easy to understand and aesthetically stunning dashboard.
There are hundreds of courses that will teach you how to use Tableau, but this is the only course that will teach you to use it well.
Maximise your career potential!
By completing this course you will learn tried and tested techniques that will improve your dashboard building skills, making you a better analyst, data story teller and ensure you're the best analyst at your company. If you're wanting to take the next step in your career, get that promotion you crave and increase your salary then this course will help you stand out from the crowd and reach the level you desire.
Learn and apply a simple to follow framework
The great thing about this course is all the learnings can be applied to any data project. This universal framework will:
tell you which one process is more important than all the others combined
explain which charts to use in each circumstance
teach you which common chart type you should never use
show you how to use colours for maximum impact
explain human behavior and how to use it to your advantage
and much, much more
As well as all the tips and knowledge, this course will go through a number of charts and dashboards to explain their individual strengths and weaknesses, giving you plenty of examples and ideas to take into your next dashboard build.
By the time you finish this course you will understand what it means to build quality dashboards that will make senior stakeholders at your company sit up and take notice.
Who this course is for:
- You should take this course if you're new to Tableau and want to fast-track your progress
- You should take this course if you've been using Tableau for a while but still struggle to create clean and professional looking dashboards
- You should take this course if you want to build dashboards that will make you stand out
- You should take this course if you want to learn how to build high quality dashboards quickly
My name is James Dyble and I'm a multi-award winning data professional who heads up an analytics department for a billion pound business in England.
My professional background consists of experience in the finance, retail, transport and government sectors, and I've been trained and mentored by some of the brightest minds and most successful people in the analytics & data visualisation space.
In my courses I aim to share as much real world knowledge as possible. I aim to teach things that usually take decades of first hand experience to learn and it is my aim to help the world become data driven, buy upskilling the next generation of data and business analysts across the world.
In summary, I'm incredibly passionate about data and it's power and I'm looking forward to sharing all my knowledge with you.