Create powerful buyer personas for your small business
What you'll learn
- Learn the difference between "target segmentation" and a "persona".
- Practice the 10-step proven technique for building a better buyer persona and applying it to your unique business.
- Download Mike Gospe's unique proven persona template and customize it to your own business.
- Understand the 3 dimensions that must be included in your persona.
- Explore several persona examples developed by real marketers in real companies.
- Discover shortcuts to help you document and share your persona with your team and organization.
- Find out how to immediately apply your persona to your product positioning, customer messaging, and marketing blueprints.
- Download Mike Gospe's persona template (found in Step 4).
- You should already have some understanding of marketing basics such as target market segmentation or lead generation.
- A rough idea of who you think will buy your product or service.
- An understand of your competition. (If your target customer doesn't buy your product, whose product with they buy? What is your nearest competitive alternative?
- Bring your creativity and don't be afraid to challenge your assumptions about your target market.
As a small business marketer or independent marketing consultant, you need to be nimble and ultra-focused in defining your target market. You know you can't afford to be "all things to all people." No only that, you probably don't have deep pockets to support a market research project to investigate your target buyers and their behaviors. So, how can you quickly build an illustration of your best target buyers -- one that is good enough to support a go-to-market plan? Or, if you are consulting with larger companies on their marketing plans, how can you guide them to produce better personas themselves?
The good news is that you can use the exact same method big companies use to craft their personas. This course unlocks the secrets to building better personas -- secrets and a 10-step process you can adopt today to answer these questions.This 90-minute course is divided into a practical, pragmatic 10-step approach to illustrating your best target buyers. Each step is illustrated with a short video giving you lots of examples. Mike Gospe shares his personal story of how he discovered how to build better personas, including stories about the good, bad, and ugly persona examples he uncovered in his own journey. He goes further by prescribing how you should conduct the persona exercise and manage your internal politics so you get the best outcome possible. This course is for any marketer or small-business entrepreneur interested in learning how to better understand their best target customers.
- Learn the 10-step proven technique for building a better buyer persona
- Download Mike's unique persona template and customize it to your business
- Understand the 3 dimensions that must be included in your persona
- Discover short cuts to help you document and share your persona
- Find out how to immediately apply your persona to your product positioning, customer messaging, and marketing blueprints
Who this course is for:
- New marketers
- Small business marketers
- Start-up marketers
- Marketing managers
- Product managers
- Sole proprieters
- Engineers interested in marketing
Mike Gospe is a noted author of marketing "how to" books and practical "hands-on" workshops for individuals and marketing teams of all sizes. For more than two decades, he's been inspiring marketers and product managers to reach their "next level" of personal performance. He challenges the status quo and creates a fun, fast-paced environment to help marketers and business people think outside the box. His tools and techniques have been adopted by companies around the world, helping them to get "real work done" as they strive for marketing excellence.
Mike is the author of a number of marketing "best practices" books, including, Marketing Campaign Development, and The Marketing High Ground.