How To Build A Power-Team Of Volunteers
What you'll learn
- By the end of this course you will understand the importance of using teams to get things done.
- You will also have a hands-on model to accomplish more in your Business, Community, School or Church.
- You will have the tools you need to invite folks onto your team with basic job descriptions and purpose statements.
- You won't need anything for the course. Everything is provided. Well, you'll want to bring a hunger for excellence and a passion for learning but other than that, it's all good!
If getting things done in your industry means building and working with volunteers, then you know how frustrating it can be to find, organize and deploy a team. Where can you find volunteers in your nonprofit, church, or school? How can you secure the right people for the right spots and keep them energized and motivated?
Most often, when it's all said and done, you end up doing most of the work yourself!
I've been there!
As a lead volunteer and now running a nonprofit, I use to get very little sleep the night before an event, wondering if I had enough volunteers to get the job done and if they would even show up!
Then I heard a presentation about a simple concept called 'fractals'. The idea was to break down the task, or job, or event, into basic areas of responsibilities and find people who would gravitate to those areas naturally. This man was successfully running an organization with over 15,000 participants so I figured he knew what he was talking about.
My very next event, I used the basic concepts and WOW! What a difference! Within a few days, I had built a team of volunteers that was energized and excited to start. (The event was partnering with a local elementary school in running their massive, community-based, school fair and craft sale).
Since then, I don't do anything without using this model! I've enhanced it over the years to make it even better. Now I find volunteers with ease and it frees me up to simply encourage those who are doing the hands-on work!
Now I want to teach it to you the strategy so you don't have to worry about finding and motivating volunteers.
What is the course about?
My course will help you plan, find and implement your business, event or ministry in a way in which you work less and accomplish more through your all-star volunteer team.
It is perfect if,
* You want to accomplish more with few resources.
* You are working with volunteers or limited staff.
* You are tired of doing everything yourself.
* You are in charge of an event at your business, church, community or school.
* You are looking for a way to reorganize your organization!
My course has 6 modules:
1. The Importance of Team. Sure! You could do it all yourself by why not share the joy, excitement, and thrill of working together to accomplish a goal.
2. The Team Building Model Origin. Working in a team is an ancient idea. This module highlights one of the first recorded examples of team building in history!
3. The First 4 Steps. Taking first steps is important. Steps 1-3 in building an All Star Volunteer Team help you define the purpose of the team and how it will be structured.
4. Step 6-7 and Expanding the Team. Once these seven steps are complete, then you can replicate the model to add more and more volunteers in a manageable way.
5. Examples and Advice. I provide real life (and no-so-real-life) examples of the model and offers helpful advice as you begin building your team.
6. An Exercise and an Invitation. This is the hands on section! During this module, you'll be given an assignment to work through using the 7 steps.
7. BONUS #1. The course includes all materials plus a BONUS of a Powerpoint presentation for use to train your team!
8. BONUS #2. A time to practice building a team right during the video sessions!
9. BONUS #3. A free evaluation by the instructor!
Now it's "go time."
You can either continue being burdened and afraid of running your organization or event, or you can be set free from the worry and stress of finding and leading others to create a successful organization or event.
Sign up for the course today and start working less and getting more done. It can literally change your life!
Who this course is for:
- This course is perfect for Business, Church and Non-Profit Leaders.
- Whether you're 16 in charge of your High School project or 70 wanted to organize a reunion, this course is for you!
- It is a MUST if you are in charge of organizing a business initiative, community even or even restructuring your entire organization!
Along with his popular book, “Refined: Turning Pain Into Purpose,” Todd’s personal development techniques have been used throughout America for more than a decade helping businesses, organizations and non-profits maximize personal and professional excellence. His blog is followed by thousands and Todd has won such honors as the “Rickman Award for Creative Communication”.
Todd speaks to thousands of business leaders, community influencers and university students each year among others, teaching them how to experience a fulfilling life at home, work, community and school. One of the leading experts in his field, Todd’s audiences include, American Express, Us Airways, Hilton Hotels, Concordia University, Minneapolis Area Rotarians along with various religious and non-profit organizations.