How to Build a Supply Chain Model in Microsoft Excel
What you'll learn
- Understand & develop the supply chain conceptual model
- Understand the static & dynamic data required for the model
- Develop a monthly bucket supply chain model in Microsoft Excel
- Understand inventory coverage calculations
- Understand multi-echelon supply chain modeling
- Basic experience using Microsoft Excel
A detailed demonstration of the development of a multi-echelon supply chain model in Microsoft Excel is provided. First, the conceptual model for the supply chain is explained and developed in Microsoft PowerPoint. The monthly bucketed supply chain model is then developed in Microsoft Excel starting with a blank workbook. Inventory coverage, inventory value, replenishment planning, production planning, etc is covered at multi-levels of the supply chain. The student should leave the course with an understanding of the key requirements for modeling a supply chain as well as how to create a model in Excel.
Who this course is for:
- Supply chain professionals
- Professionals in manufacturing industries looking to learn more about supply chain management
- MBA students
- Operations students
Supply chain professional with 15 years of software, manufacturing & supply chain management experience. B.S. in Electrical Engineering from Drexel University and MBA from Villanova University. Over the years, I've found that there is a significant lack of training resources for supply chain management. Available training is either too academic or not specific to supply chain management. This is what led me to offer training based on actual experience. The goal is to allow participants in the program to focus on what really matters and hit the ground running.