How to Budget and Forecast for Your Business
What you'll learn
- The difference between startup and ongoing expenses
- How expenses vs. assets are treated for tax purposes
- How to create a sales forecast for your business
- How to create an expense budget for your business
- The important difference between profits and cash
- How your legal setup can affect your taxes
- Types of business expenses to deduct from your taxes
- Online resources for tax questions
Who this course is for:
- Starting your own business
- Running or growing an existing business
- Managing the accounts for a business
- Writing a business plan
- Having difficulty with the financials of your business plan
- Forecasting sales for your business
Tim Berry is the founder of Palo Alto Software, makers of the top selling business plan software in the world. He is also the founder of Bplans.com, co-founder of Borland International, author of several best-selling books on business planning, and has a Stanford MBA.
Tim has spent his entire career focused on entrepreneurship and business planning. As a consultant Tim has helped businesses such as Apple, Autodesk, and McDonalds with their business planning.
As an entrepreneur, he started a company from nothing and grew it to own 70% market share without any outside investment. As an educator, Tim taught entrepreneurship at the University of Oregon for 11 years.
In 2001 Tim won the USASBE (United States Association of Small Business and Entrepreneurship) Corporate Entrepreneur of the Year award and a USASBE award for teaching. His books have been published by Harcourt Brace, McGraw-Hill, Dow Jones-Irwin and Entrepreneur Press.