How to Break Into Executive Protection
What you'll learn
- Get hired an Executive Protection professional
- Learn the ins and outs of the industry
- Debunk myths about the industry created by Hollywood
- How to create a presence that gets noticed by hiring managers
- Prior military or law enforcement background
- Positive attitude
- Professional worth ethic
- Desire to enter the Executive Protection field
Mark Ledlow and John Shuman have teamed up to bring you all of their industry knowledge on How to Break Into the Executive Protection Industry.
Get an insider's view on what it really takes to land the job.
This course was made with former military and law enforcement in mind!
Introduction to Executive Protection Industry
Fundamentals of Executive Protection
Building a Professional Personal Brand
Resume and Cover Letter Writing + LinkedIn
Job Search Strategies
Building Positive Career Habits
The Mindset Required (psychology)
Legal and Ethical Considerations
Myths Surrounding Executive Protection
Knowing Your Worth
About Your Instructors:
Host of The Fearless Mindset Podcast
Hundreds of industry experts on podcast
Discussed and advanced this topic down the field
Thousands of regular listeners
8 Years U.S. Marine Corps Veteran
NCO and Comms
Oversaw a fire team
15+ Years in Private Sector Executive Protection
14 Years in U.S. Secret Service
4 years supporting Cheney (Domestic and International in Time of Peace and War)
Design, Implementation and Management of Executive Protection Programs for 2 Fortune 500 Companies
John is the guy they call to build the program.
Still a student.
“Don’t think like a bodyguard, don’t act like a bodyguard…”
Who this course is for:
- Former military or law enforcement seeking a career in Executive Protection
A passionate Executive Security leader experienced partnering with corporate, federal, local, and private sector law enforcement to ensure risk mitigation services excellence. A trusted operations leader that has designed security programs and led teams across CONUS, Europe, India, and Southeast Asia. Known for building strong, diverse teams of professionals allowing cross-functional thought and collaboration toward solving unrelenting security objectives. A proven track record of leveraging technology and industry best practices to ensure safety, security, and risk mangement in protecting people, facilities, and assets.
- Steered training of 5,000+ law enforcement, fire, and EMS personnel in preparation for the 2012 North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) Summit in Chicago, IL.
- Orchestrated all Secret Service planning, strategic and operational efforts in planning for the 2012 Republican National Convention in Tampa, FL.
- Championed planning and execution of protective services for the election night visit of President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden to Chicago, IL, in 2012.
- Led training and certification of all agents assigned to the Presidential Protective Division and Vice-Presidential Protective Division at the U.S. Secret Service Training Academy.
- Played a key role in investigating and arresting several high-profile terrorism suspects while on assignment to the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF).
Podcast Host of the Fearless Mindset Podcast.
Co-Instructor of the Ledlow/Shuman Training Academy
Providing Executive Security Services Physical Security Risk Mitigation to Companies. Coaching Veterans transitioning from Military into the (Private Sector) Executive Security Services Industry or Business Ownership.
Owner of Ledlow Security Group
We provide Physical Security, Site Security, Supply Chain Security, Disaster Response Teams, Executive Protection for High Networth Families and Executives. General Counsel support, Risk Management