How to become an Actuary
- No prior knowledge is required
Actuaries make financial sense of an uncertain future.
In this course we look at the following:
What is an Actuary?
Should you become an Actuary?
What subjects at school should you choose?
What university course should you enroll in?
Which actuarial society should you join?
How to get your first actuarial job
Which actuarial subject should you specialize in?
What is Work Based Skills?
What is Continued Professional Development?
How to start becoming an Actuary today
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in becoming an actuary
- 03:12What is an Actuary?
- 05:23Should you become an Actuary?
- 06:38Which School subjects to choose
- 09:04Which University course to choose
- 05:24Which Actuarial Society to join
- 10:26Getting your first Actuarial Job
- 08:51Which Subjects to Specialise in
- 07:07Understanding Work Based Skills
- 04:32Understanding Continued Professional Development
- 03:51Starting the Actuarial Journey right now
Hi I'm MJ the Fellow Actuary. I've been making educational videos since 2013 on YouTube. I've passed all the actuarial exams and am here to help you do the same. I've majored in Mathematical Statistics and have published research in the South African Journal of Science on Artificial Intelligence. I've also done a Ted Talk on advanced studying methods. As your instructor my purpose is to make sure you understand every concept in these courses. If you get stuck with anything, send me a message, I'm here to help.