How to become a strong Product Owner
What you'll learn
- How to excel as a Product Owner
- The main skills of a strong Product Owner
- Which are the main activities of a Product Owner on the daily business
- Relevant techniques that help the Product Owner achieving the goals
- Develop a Value-Driven Mindset
- How to prioritise what matters the most
- How to use User Stories to build great Products
- Foster collaboration with User Story Mapping
- Build meaningful Product with Value Proposition Design
- How to focus on problems instead of solutions
- How to estimate with Poker Planning
- How to estimate with the Estimation Game
- How to manage the Product Backlog Efficiently
- Setting goals to pursue, Product Goal and Sprint Goal
- There are no prerequisites for this course, however I recommend reading the Scrum Guide in order to understand better the terms and expressions
What does it take to be a Product Owner? You may wonder about this question and find no simple answer for it. Yet you want to develop your skills and benefit from numerous opportunities. The market has thousands of open position waiting for you. How can you develop the skills to make you stand out in a crowded market?
The course How to become a strong Product Owner shows in a simple way what you'll need to do to become a robust Product Owner. You'll quickly learn relevant techniques that work not only in theory but in practice.
At the end of this course, you will know what the mindset of successful Product Owners is. You'll also know which activities you have to perform as a Product Owner and how to get the best result out of them.
The methodology used for this course is divided into:
Connection between theory and practice
Efficient Techniques you can apply
Real cases analysis to help you learn
Practical exercises to foster learning
You'll gain clarity on the following parts:
The Product Owner role
Essential Skills to be a Product Owner
Product Owner's daily activities
This course is for you who want to become a Product Owner or want to advance your skillset as a Product Owner.
After ten years on the road as a Product Owner, I noticed many people falling into the same pitfalls as I did. Therefore, I created this course for you with a clear summary of how to avoid the traps awaiting you and excel as a Product Owner by having a value driven mindset.
The market for Product Owners is hot. Demand's higher than availability. If you want to benefit from this ever-growing market, the course How to be a Product Owner will help you become an attractive candidate.
Last but not least important, at the end of this course, you'll have clarity on what is NOT to be a Product Owner. Many times we focus on what we should do to succeed, but we ignore the anti-patterns. I'll give you as many tips as possible to understand what great Product Owners do not do.
Join thousands of students and let's change the product world for the better.
Who this course is for:
- Professionals who want to start working as a Product Owner
- Product Owners
- Product Managers
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
My goal as an instructor is to help you advance in your career. My courses are focused on Product Management and Agile Practices. I focus on the mindset instead of the theory. If you want to excel as a Product Manager, I have the material you need.
Allow me to introduce myself to you.
I am a passionate Product Leader who has been in multiple scenarios, from startups to giant corporations. My road has been full of emotions and learnings. I've lived a huge variety of scenarios. That's why I can help you thrive in your journey.
Sharing knowledge and learning is one of my biggest motivations. I had fantastic experiences in the teaching sphere, such as:
• MBA Professor at FIAP - São Paulo - Brazil
• Postgraduate Professor at Anhembi Morumbi - São Paulo - Brazil
• Private English teacher - Brazil
On the business side, my experiences are:
• Product Manager: 10 years in different markets, such as automotive, trade marketing, call center, digital, e-commerce and marketplace
• Software developer: 6 years in the auto industry and public sector
• Countries I've worked in: Brazil, Colombia, Dominican Republic, and currently Germany
My academic background is:
• MBA Business Innovation Entrepreneurship (USA)
• MBA in Strategic Business Management (Brazil)
• Postgraduate in Software Engineering (Brazil)
• Bachelor in Computer Science (Brazil)
• Industrial IT Technician (Brazil)
• PSPO I (Professional Product Owner Scrum) obtained in July 2016
• PSM I (Professional Scrum Master) got in March 2014
• Sun Certified Java Programmer (SCJP) certification obtained in June 2009