How to Become a Software Developer From Scratch
What you'll learn
- Technologies that every software developer needs to know: version control systems, databases, networks and infrastructure.
- Most relevant concepts and methodologies for our daily work: Scrum, Extreme Programming, teamwork.
- What you need to further study to become a professional software developer: learning tips, books recommendations.
- Advanced techniques and practices: Clean Code, SOLID principles, Extreme Programming and more.
- A sample enterprise-class web application with a complete source code and business case explanation.
- Be eager to learn about software development!
- You will benefit from the course if you haven't started learning yet - and you want get the feeling what this is all about.
- You will also benefit from the course if you have already started learning Java - and you would like to know how it is actually used in real projects.
Watch two parts of the course for free! Spring framework and databases. Click on the "Expand all sections" link and browse through the lessons. You will find two lessons, over 2 hours in total, that do not require buying the course. Enjoy!
Structure of the Course
1. In the first module we will start with talking about IT industry in general.
2. In the second module we will talk about our daily work - how we work in teams and how important teamwork is.
3. In the third module we will together set up a complete local development environment, and demo a sample enterprise-class web application - all to give you the impression of how it actually looks like.
5. In the fifth module we will go through couple of more advanced topics, to inspire you and to give you strong foundation to further developing your skills.
6. We will finish this course with couple of practical tips about job interviews, sample tasks that you might expect on your first days at a new job, and couple of learning tips.
What You Should Expect
✔ Nearly 13 hours of video content split into 6 modules
✔ Holistic view of IT industry and enterprise software development
✔ Exercises, coding tasks and coding screencasts that demonstrate many of the technical concepts in practice
✔ Straightforward explanations of many of the fundamental techniques and principles illustrated with animated slides
What You Should Not Expect
✔ This is not a strictly programming course.
In case you want to learn programming A to Z, for example in Java, this is not the course for you. However, this course will explain many of the fundamental techniques and will teach you how you can further study the technologies that we are covering in this course to become a professional software developer.
✔ This course is not for Mac users.
I assume that you have a PC with Windows operating system. In case you own a Mac, you will still benefit from most of the explanations and most of the exercises and all of the coding tasks. However you will not be able to directly repeat all the steps of local development environment setup. Also running a sample system will be even more challenging. Unfortunately I will not help you in case of a Mac.
Who this course is for:
- Aspiring software developers who want to plan their career and understand IT industry landscape - with the focus on web applications developed for enterprises.
- Junior software developers who want to understand what skills are required to become senior, professional software developers.
I am a passionate senior software developer with 15 years of professional experience. I was a developer, an analyst, a designer, an architect and a team leader. I have worked with teams from all over the world for companies located in Poland, Norway, Denmark, Switzerland and USA. My passions revolve around Clean Code, systems design and architecture, and most of all around solving problems.