How to Become an Independent Publisher
What you'll learn
- Get a free download of the ebook, "The Right Way to Self Publish".
- Design your own book cover like the professionals using Adobe Photoshop. Learn how to do this in one hour!
- Professionally format the interior of your book using Adobe InDesign. Learn it in one hour!
- Learn how to publish your paperback book using Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP).
- Learn how to publish an ebook. Get a one-hour crash course in basic HTML coding for ebook and website publications.
- Build your own website at little to no cost. Learn it in less than 15 minutes.
- Find out how much Wordpress will cost and what other website builders are best for publishing entrepreneurs.
- Get a basic overview of Xlibris and Lulu publishing platforms.
- Discover what you need to know about publishing an audio book.
- Learn how to submit a copyright registration of published and unpublished works to The Library of Congress.
- Get a basic understanding of how to market your book through popular social media platforms.
- Learn how to organize and launch a book tour, write a press release, a 30-second sales pitch, and manage book inventory.
- A computer with enough speed to download Adobe's free trial software.
- Notebook and pen/pencil for taking notes.
- [Optional, but helpful] - A completed manuscript in Word. Students who do not have a completed manuscript can still benefit from this course.
- [Optional, but helpful] - Read "The Right Way to Self Publish" book. - Free downloadable ebook is available in this course.
PUBLISH LIKE THE PROFESSIONALS!
· FREE DOWNLOAD of "The Right Way to Self Publish" ebook.
· Adobe InDesign - Format your book's interior without the hassle of readjusting your page numbers and paragraphs. Create a manageable table of contents. Free 7-day download link included.
· Adobe Photoshop - Design a professional-looking book cover without paying an artist hundreds of dollars. Free 7-day download included.
· HTML Coding - Learn basic computer coding language so that you can better manage your website and format ebooks.
· Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) - Go through a step-by-step process on publishing your paperback and ebook on one of the most popular independent publishing platforms. Sell your book on Amazon!
· Xlibris Publishing - Explore Xlibris' website to discover if it's the right independent publishing platform for you.
· Lulu - Explore Lulu's website to discover whether or not it's the right independent publishing platform for you.
· Copyright Registration – Learn about protecting you and your clients' published works and registering them to the Library of Congress.
· Ebook Publishing - Learn how to format your manuscript for ebook publication on Word. Also, learn how to format and save your manuscript as an .epub document on Google docs.
· Audio Book Publishing - Learn about publishing your book on audio.
· Facebook/Instagram/Twitter - Get an idea about how you can use social media to promote your books and/or publishing business.
· Wordpress - Discover what you need to know about creating a website through Wordpress.
· Yolasite - Learn how to create a website for free in less than 15 minutes!
· Plan Your Book Tour - Learn how to organize a book signing tour, write a press release, a bio, a 30-second sales pitch, and manage your book inventory.
Who this course is for:
- Entrepreneurs, writers, authors, teachers, and instructors.
- Authors who need help marketing their book.
- Entrepreneurs who want to build their own website on the cheap.
- Business professionals who want a basic understanding of Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
- Professionals who want a basic understanding of paperback publishing.
- Marketers who are looking for a creative way to give their clients more credibility.
- Professionals who are looking for a way to gain more credibility for themselves.
- Entrepreneurs who want to learn the basics of HTML.
- Writers' clubs and associations.
- Self promoters.
- Writers who are tired of waiting to get rejected!
- Founder of IWA Publications
- Editor in Chief of 45 Magazine Journal
- Author of The Right Way to Self Publish
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism & English Minor
- Certificate in Web Design, Literary Publishing, & Editing
- Over 10 years in the independent publishing business, 4 years as a marketing copywriter
Zorina is also the author of the novel “Thecla a Dark Romance” and “Don’t Mind Being Black” poetry book. As a writer and performance artist, Zorina’s published works have been showcased at the Miami Book Fair, Books & Books, Miami Dade College, Broward College, Chico’s Fashion Show, South Florida Writers Association events, Lyric Live Theater, and also as a 3-peat Miami Lip Service Stories performer.