** Last updated on June 14, 2021 **
** This course is up to date and will continue to be up to date, once you buy it, you will keep receiving updates automatically with no extra cost. **
** Your Certificate Will Be Available As Soon As You Finish The Course **
Are you looking for a career as a pharmacy assistant? Are you a pharmacy assistant and would like to improve your skills and take your career to the next level? If Yes, then this course is for you!
In this course you will learn:
- The Pharmacy system here in Canada and different pharmacy categories.
- You will learn how to react in case of a rubbery or a forged prescription.
- You will learn how to read a prescription and how to decipher the prescription instructions.
- The Pharmacy workflow, Medication formulations, the difference between Generic and Brand names.
- You will learn the difference between Creams, Ointments, Gels Lotions, and Gels.
- Different Products & Medications in the Pharmacies especially emergency medications like Narcan, Naloxone, and Epipen.
- Calculations you need to know to let you master how to calculate days supplies and how many tablets or capsules you should dispense as well as showing you how to dilute 99% Alcohol to 70%.
- You will learn about provincial and private insurances.
- You will learn about Ontario Drug Benefits and helpful tips to process prescriptions like prescriptions for newborn babies before their health card get registered with the provincial benefits plan (ODB).
- You will learn the most common intervention codes that we need to process rejected claims.
- You will learn about pharmacy software in general and going through the manual for Kroll software, In which I will explain in details how to search and create patient's profiles, how to enter prescriptions in the system, how to read the receipts and make price adjustments if needed, and a lot more.