How to Become a Freelance Editor: Make Money Copy Editing
What you'll learn
- Learn how to position yourself as a freelance editor
- Know the three levels of editing work and how to price accordingly
- Learn how to market yourself
- The benefits of using an editing contract to protect you
- Determine whether a client is a fit before working together
- Learn how to interact with clients to encourage future business
- Handle common problems with freelance editing clients
- This course is NOT geared for anyone who already has a freelance editing business
At the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- launch your own freelance editing business
- understand how to evaluate someone's work before you quote them
- how to market your freelance editing business
- where you can find jobs in this field
- how to deliver freelance editing work successfully so you can build an ongoing relationship with your clients
This course is structured to give you all the essential information you need to establish a career as a freelance editor so that you can earn extra money or establish a side business doing editing work! These videos are laser focused to help kickstart your freelance business effectively.
While anyone interested in doing editing work can benefit from this course, it's a great fit for someone who is already a freelance writer or virtual assistant, because adding editing services increases your client reach and helps you grow your business.
"I wish that I had taken this course a long while ago. It would have saved me the headache. I recommend this course for anyone looking to break into freelance editing. While I have experience with published writing and editing, I've yet to make the jump into freelance editing. This course gave me the motivation to move forward into the field." 2017 student
Who this course is for:
- Stay at home parents
- Freelance writers, virtual assistants, and other similar professionals
A PhD candidate and a freelancer with four years of experience, I love teaching people about how to have a better online business. Laura has experience as a former inner city teacher and is passionate about helping others earn money and have a lifestyle business they love. Laura left a career in education and corporate America to work for herself in 2012 and has never looked back.