How to Become a Fashion Stylist
What you'll learn
- Learn the process of how to be a Fashion Stylist
- Learn the different roles of a Fashion Stylist. Whats is a Celebrity Styling, Editorial Styling, Personal Shopper, E-Commerce Styling
- How to become a Virtual Stylist
- Learn the importance of Internships/ How to get an Internship
- What is a Test Shoot
- Learn how to network and standout from the crowd
- What is a Fashion PR/How to Pull Clothing from a Fashion PR
- How to pitch a mood board to musicians and to a magazine
- Learn how to build your Styling portfolio
- How to Style Women and Men’s Photo shoot
- A Day in the Life: Prepping Clothing
- How Much Does a Stylist Get Paid?
- How to Create a Beautiful Mood board & Pitch it to a Magazine
- Fashion Stylist tool Kit
- How to Style a Music Artist
- How to Style a women's Street wear on Location
- The Best and Worst Parts of Being a Fashion Stylist
- Behind the Scenes of IPR LONDON Press Day Event
- Behind the Scenes at Purple London, Dune and K&H. Comms fashion press day event
- No requirements for this course
- Have a pen and paper for tasks and to take notes!
Are you a lover of fashion? Would you like to start dressing people for every day, editorial, celebrity, personal shopping, or e-commerce shoots? Would you love styling to be your career and to make money from it? Do you want to travel around the world and work with high-profile companies and fashion brands? If so, this course is perfect for you.
This course will take you deep within the unique world of fashion and style. You will learn how to become a celebrity stylist right from scratch, without having any prior contacts. You will also learn what it takes to become a fashion editor at a magazine and how to pitch your ideas and concepts to these magazines in order to get your work published. You will gain key skills and techniques that will allow you to grow and develop as a professional stylist, and by the end of the course, you will know how to break into the industry. In these specially designed classes industry expert, stylist, and motivational speaker Denise Brown will not only teach you how to become a stylist, but she will also show you behind the scenes of how she networks, receives clothing, attends London Fashion Week, and gets invited to press days. After completion of this course, you will feel confident in your ability to be able to start your career as a stylist.
Gain motivation, inspiration, and a wide range of necessary skills to kick start your career in Fashion Styling. In addition to providing evidence of your individual talent, this course will help you gain access to essential skills for styling success.
Thorough and intensive, this course will tackle all aspects of the industry, allowing you to develop the fundamental skills required to pursue a career as a professional fashion stylist. Starting with the basics, then over the duration of the course, you will progressively delve deeper into the more complex skills of styling and networking. This course will provide you with a brilliant opportunity to demonstrate your creative and business skills as you let your individual talent shine through.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to become a Fashion Stylist or celebrity stylist
- This course requires no prior knowledge of styling or fashion or a specific skill set. We accept anyone with a love for fashion and a keen interest to learn.
- This course requires no prior knowledge of styling or fashion or a specific skill set. We accept anyone with a love for fashion and a keen interest to learn
- How to create contacts and build a reputation in the fashion styling industry
- Students that want to learn how to start building a portfolio and gain experience in the fashion styling industry
Denise Brown is a multi-talented industry professional. A Fashion Stylist, Teacher and Mentor, she is known for her distinctive style and vivacious personality. She inspires people of all ages and abilities through her powerful and lively spirit. Based in the UK, Denise’s passion isn’t only to create unique looks but a desire to inspire and ultimately leave a lasting impression on everyone she meets.
Denise has always been enamoured with fashion, but her love for clothing was confirmed at the tender age of 11 when she picked up a needle and thread for the very first time to hand sew her own outfit. Since that moment the desire to create has never left her. A single mother starting from scratch, she was quickly catapulted into the world of fashion, climbing her way up the career ladder, impressing beyond expectation at every stage. Always one to make a strong impact on those around her with her bubbly disposition and indisputable passion for fashion, she had found her true calling.
A womenswear graduate from the world-renowned London College of Fashion, her vibrant personality and style have paved the way for a successful career filled with accomplishments. Over her career she has curated a high-profile list of clients, dressing over 30 celebrities including some of the biggest names in pop culture; including Rihanna, Ed Sheeran, Ashley Walters and Tinie Tempah. Denise’s international clientele includes global giants MTV, GMTV, Nickelodeon and Polaroid. Additionally, she has styled campaigns for Bench, New Era and Wale Adeyemi to name a few. Her work has also been featured in over 30 publications including Fault, Volt Café, Time Out, F Young, Fazhiblack, HUF, Style Noir, and many more. Denise’s powerful sense of creativity and her continuous, driving ambition also caught the attention of several music magazine’s including Touch, RWD and Flavour, where she reigned as the Fashion Editor.
As a highly praised guest speaker and teacher, Denise also runs her own “Introduction to Styling’ events where she advises on a range of topics, including; becoming and being a successful stylist and delivering informative seminars about the fashion business. She has shared her knowledge at several universities such as Solent University, London Metropolitan and Kings College. She has also spoken at events such as Inspirational U, Swap in the City and given advice at LCF Careers services. Her reach also extends into the realm of TV and radio where she has featured on BBC Arts 'Fierce Women ' documentary on supermodel and fashion ion Naomi Campbell. EVE Show, Ben TV, “Whats Up UK” broadcasted on SKY, and had interviews on BBC Radio with Judy Love.
Realising her positive and inspiring attitude could help others, Denise decided to share her knowledge through teaching and mentoring. To date, she has taught and worked with over 500 young people, running local workshops teaching fashion design and styling. Through these, she aims to inspire and encourage young people to tap into and explore their creativity. Denise has showcased her desire to give back to her community by helping and mentoring a diverse range of people. She has done this by working in a semi-independent unit with a group of young people ranging from 16-18 years old, all in the care system. Her previous clients have included The Prince’s Trust, Ealing Council, Brent, Lambeth, Hackney College and other schools within London.
With a fierce knowledge of the fashion industry, and indisputable passion for fashion and an ever-growing record of clientele, Denise isn’t stopping anytime soon.