How to Become a Cross-Cultural Trainer
What you'll learn
- The best training methodologies in the industry
- How to gain a certification as a cross-cultural trainer
- How to do a new client intake
- How to build a winning training program and design awesome activities
- How to engage learners in online and offline training programs
- How you can find work and market yourself as a cross-cultural trainer
- How to build an online presence or start a consultancy
- How much money you can earn as a cross-cultural trainer
- Basic knowledge about different cultures
- Teaching or training experience, or the desire to become a teacher or trainer
- Experience in adult education & training or human resources is desired, but not necessary
- Basic knowledge about intercultural theories
Are you curious about different cultures? Do you want to travel the world and have unforgettable experiences through a highly-paid career? Do you have a keen interest in helping people from different cultures understand each other and work together more effectively? Then this course is for you!
In just over an hour, this course will take you through all the steps to becoming a certified cross-cultural trainer. You will learn how to gain a cross-cultural training qualification, how to build a winning training program and how to market yourself as a cross-cultural trainer. There are many suggestions for activities and insider tips on how to engage learners, both online and face-to-face. You will even learn how to build an online presence, create a network, and how much money you can earn.
Learn from a professional who has nearly 20 years of experience in this field, and has worked all over the world as a cross-cultural trainer in multinational companies and institutions. Whether you are already a teacher or trainer looking to improve your portfolio, you are just starting out and don't know where to begin, or you are an experienced cross-cultural trainer looking to refresh your skills, this course is for you!
Slides were made with Prezi.
Who this course is for:
- ESL teachers
- Corporate Trainers
- Learning & Development Staff
- Management Consultants
- Human resource specialists
Cheryl Obal is originally from the US, but considers herself a global citizen. She has lived for 15 years in Italy, 3 years in India, 2 years in South Korea, 4 years in Saudi Arabia, and 1 year each in Qatar, Japan, the UAE, Pakistan, and Thailand. As a result of her work experience abroad and her passion for learning and teaching about culture, Cheryl has become a cross-cultural expert. She now helps companies and individuals excel when working across cultures through her company Cheryl Obal & Associates. Cheryl brings together all the strategies she developed from working in multinationals around the world including the Department for International Trade (UK), Microsoft, KAUST, BASF, Hyundai, Samsung, Tupperware, KoreanAir, eBay, Green Cross, SK, Pfizer, Modine, and many more. Cheryl holds an a in MA International Relations and is a certified trainer of the Lewis Model of Culture, Cultural Detective, and TEFL - Teaching English as a Second Language. She thrives on helping others have life-changing experiences abroad.