- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 mins on-demand audio
- 4 articles
- 29 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Part one – everything you need for a fast-track start, including your first article
- Part two – the copywriter’s ‘how to’: sales copy, expert copy, and more!
- Part three – the essential skills that mark out a real pro
- Part four – how to boost your income and turn your new website into a money magnet
You can start a new career as a freelance copywriter......Just imagine, earning your living - a good living - without the hassle of commuting. Be your own boss. All you really need is a PC or Mac and a broadband connection - plus a desire to write and a bit of flair. Three months from now that could all become a reality. You will be a copywriter!
"After just a few months I am writing sales copy for a huge experiential company, as well as technical copy for a well-respected tech-industry publication and building websites for small businesses." Martin Brennan.
Unlike so many guides on the subject, it's not a jumped-up list of 'useful phrases'. It won't tell you 'how to make a million dollars overnight'. Instead it is a unique, detailed step-by-step guide to becoming a successful freelance copywriter working from home, from scratch.
Step by step
Follow each step and you can make between £300 ($450) a day and - with more experience - £500 ($750) a day. Not exactly a get rich quick formula, but a very respectable income. Especially for someone who is their own boss, has few overheads, doesn't have to commute to work, and chooses exactly how much or how little work they want to take on. Because my website has been live for some time now, I get more than I need and have to turn work away.
Is it possible?
Sure, and in this guide I will show you – in detail – everything you need to know. Things like:
• How to begin from scratch and quickly build a portfolio
• How to find clients - fast
• How to market yourself
• How to build a copywriter website in just five days - for free
• How to find the most profitable projects and drop the rest
• How much to charge
In fact, I will even share my killer 'terms and conditions' that enable me to close more business at higher prices. I will:
• Introduce you to the jargon – no getting caught out as a beginner
• Show how to walk your clients through a brief, how to research topics, how to write for print and how to write for the web
• We will look at different writing styles (or 'tone of voice' as the marketing people call it).
• I will teach you questioning techniques for telephone interviews (I do all my work over the net and by phone) and show you some clever, low cost phone recording kit and transcription software so that you won't even have to take notes
• Plus lots of tricks of the trade that save valuable time and mark you out as a real pro
And give you stacks of links to real samples of different types of copy, templates, tick lists and so on, plus more detailed descriptions of some of the topics covered in this book (build your own free library). In fact, everything you need to get you started with confidence.
- … wanting a new career
- … wanting to work from home – be their own boss
- … wanting an extra revenue stream
- … wanting the freedom of being a freelancer
Len Smith describes how he moved into copywriting, how he learned not to worry about being an expert on any subject, how it all came together.
This course is not about learning a new skill. It's about transforming your whole way of life - your work/life balance, the way you make your living, or the way you boost your income.
In reality, it's going to take three months to get to the point where you feel confident speaking to prospects, using the right jargon, knowing what to charge.I want you to win, so in THIS lesson I show you the best possible way to get through the course with me.
QUICK WIN? Publish your first article ten days from now - guaranteed
Wherever possible, I like to give my students a ‘quick win’ early in the course. And what better ‘quick win’ than getting an article published in the next few days.
After all, few things can compare with seeing your own work published for the first time. It’s more than just a great feeling, it’s a confidence booster.
I'll show you how.
The good news is, you really need very little to start as a freelance copywriter. I don’t have business cards (don’t ever meet my clients), don’t have business stationery (I just use Word documents for invoices and so on). I work from home with minimum equipment.
In this session you'll be pleasantly surprised how little you need to spend to get up and running.
There’s more than one type of copywriting – advertising… sales/marketing... informative copy...expert copy….. PR copy…. Media copy… website copy, and so on. And it’s unlikely your skills’ll match all of them.
This session will help you find the areas where you should begin and areas that you may want to grow into later.
A quick introduction to what differentiates Sales copy from Descriptive and Technical copy. We learn to take a customer perspective, differentiate between features and benefits (bet you get it wrong!).
We discover why women don’t buy lipstick and we apply a litmus test for sorting features from benefits.
Finally, we learn the novice’s biggest single bear trap and glimpse at the psychology of Needs vs Wants.
Here's a new revenue stream for copywriters - more income, no extra overheads - ad a way to differentiate yourself from other freelancers. Watch the video and download the notes.