How to be successful in college for Veterans
- Be a Veteran of the Armed Forces
- Know how to use a computer.
This class is for veterans who are wanting to get back into college. We will be going over how to enroll in college, what is offered at colleges for veterans, benefits, college life, and whether or not you should go in-person or online. As you progress through this course more questions and answers will come to you and I will be there to help
- Veterans who are going back to college or are thinking about going back to college.
- Different types of financial aid06:42
- What financial aid option do I plan on using?1 question
- Financial Aid Quiz2 questions
- Do you want to go to school in-person or online?04:04
- Do you want to go to school in-person or online?7 questions
- Online or In-Person3 questions
- Do you want to get a bachelor's degree or do you want to go to trade school?04:43
- Trade school or degree, that is the question.1 question
- Degree or trade school4 questions
- What school resources or available to you?06:16
- What veteran resources are available on campus or online?04:26
- What resources are available to you at the school you are planning to attend?1 question
- School and Veteran's Resources3 questions
- Now it's up to you to get out there and go to school.03:17
My name is Jason Wakefield. I am working on the Educational Technology specialization within an Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction at the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley. I have a Masters of Art in Teaching degree with a specialization in Special Education from Texas Woman’s University. I am currently a substitute teacher and a professor for a local community college in Texas (in the teacher education department), along with being a Military Adaptive Sports Athlete. Prior to delving into the world of education I was in the military for close to 10 years and deployed to both Iraq and Afghanistan. I am a current student veteran and help other student veterans to navigate the college environments that they are in.