How to be a Tour Guide in your Hometown Overnight
What you'll learn
- Give a one hour walking tour to a small group around their home town.
- The Background history of their home town.
- 2 or 3 unusual stories about the local attractions like churches, monuments or castles.
- In addition visitor information about museums and galleries will help.
- How to speak to a crowd.
Ever wondered how you can turn a city or town you love into an exciting experience for others?
As tourism increases with low cost travel deals you can turn your love of history, architecture or nature into a unique guided tour.
We’ll learn about how to find interesting stories and research local history fast.
I designed 5 modules plus resource sheets to be easily understood by absolute beginners.
We’ll learn about how stories about old buildings and famous visitors can be made into a great tour.
At the end of the course, you will be able to welcome visitors to your hometown with a one hour walking tour.
Who this course is for:
- Local History Enthusiasts
- Adventure Travellers
- Local Group Leaders
- Drama students.
Theatre critic and writer with over 200 reviews published. I have had 2 reviews published with The Guardian, 3 Art reviews on the Saatchi Gallery website and blogged about the Edinburgh Fringe for Whatsonstage. I have won two writing awards from Oxfordshire Theatre Company and the Oxford Playhouse. I review regularly for Daily Information.