Become a creative leader, a better leader (Oxford Diploma)
What you'll learn
- Delegate effectively
- Develop own skills
- Identify creativity you never knew you had
- Save time
- Become more effective
- How to establish a happy environment - within yourself and outside
It may seem that this 5.5 hours course is rather short...but that would be misleading because:
This is a short course...and yet it is not as you revisit as you change
Ten short lessons...you become a better leader.
It seems strange and yet both the statements are true - but only if you choose to make it so.
There are ONLY ten lectures: true. But they are ONLY short if you watch them once and do nothing. These lectures are made to watch time and time again because each lecture contains exercises you are to respond to, areas to investigate, key points to learn, articles.
Uniquely among leadership courses you are given prompts and then asked to imagine the prompt is the only ...prompt that you have to base a lecture on.
What does it tell you?
How can you use it to deliver a speech?
You then post in the Q/A.
Don't worry if no ideas come to mind - they will be suggested.
In another aspect of the lecture you will be given a list of leadership qualities - and then 'tested' to see if you remember them!
Layer upon layer - that's why these short lectures need to be watched, absorbed and acted on - repeatedly.
Leadership is not 'learnt' by academic study but by application - and that is what this course does: urges you to apply.
This course includes:
Oxford Diploma (short course)
Who this course is for:
- Student of leadership
- Practising managers who feel 'burnt out'
- Leaders under stress
- Leaders seeking to exceed their potential
43+ years experience teaching Economics, Business, Sociology, Politics and other subjects in schools, universities and other colleges - State and Private Sector. Appeared in 100+ films (including corporate training and fitness videos). 100+ books on Amazon. Featured by the BBC, Polish TV, The Times, The Telegraph and...The Sun.
· University of Oxford (Philosophy and Economics)
· Oxford Brookes (Teacher training)
· University of Glamorgan (Business and Economics)
· Professional qualifications at Masters level
· Business and Economics degree
· Examiner for four major examining boards, at ‘O’ and ‘A’ level.
· Three teaching diplomas plus CELTA
· Qualified fitness trainer
Key academic positions held:
· Principal Oxford School of Learning
· Director of Studies: St Joseph’s Hall, Oxford
· Head of Economics: Cherwell Tutors
· Head of Business and Economics: Pipers Corner School, Buckingham
Founder: Almost Random Theatre
Business and Economics background
Set up and ran Oxford Conferences and ran 50+ Business/Economics conferences at schools - all fees to charity
Amazon Business/Economics books include:
· Case studies for Business
· Time management for teachers
· Creativity techniques in Economics
· Drucker in Business Studies
· Creativity in Business
· Business calculations
· Further applications of de Bono
· Applying de Bono
· Philosophy Games
Taught students at the University of Oxford , Brookes University and schools in the state and independent sector
Principal of Oxford School of Learning for 15 years
Created OSL Training and trained Business, Psychology and Sociology teachers
Set up Marketing Education Services in the 1980s and sold cassette tape recordings of my lectures at the University of Oxford
Featured in The Times, The Telegraph, the BBC, ITV and Polish national television owing to the success of my teaching techniques and subsequent success of my students.
Ex-Buyer for a major car company
Psychology and Motivation background
Author of 100+ books on Amazon (mainly Business/Economics/Psychology) including:
· GCSE Psychology thru Mind Maps
· AS/A2 Psychology
· AS Psychology thru Mind Maps
· A2 Psychology thru Mind Maps
· Lifestyle Plan
· The Internet and Psychology
Through his own business OSL Training has run training courses for teachers of Psychology
Writer of several plays about death and appeared in films dealing with death
Theatre and Film Career
· 2012 - set up Almost Random Theatre.
· Since 2012 the theatre has delivered workshops in Scotland, Wales, Czech Republic and Poland as well as 15 schools in England.
· Chris has written/directed over 50 short and 3 one-Act plays that have subsequently been performed in London and Oxford.
· Scripts for three of his plays have been sold, via an Independent publisher, to schools in the UK.
· Course-creator/author of Coping with Old Age and Death - one person's perspective.
· He has also had plays put on - and performed in - Oxford and Brighton Fringes, London, Scotland and Wales.
· Chris has appeared in over 112 films.
· Ambassador for Heart UK
· Stoke Lead and member of Research panel for the Stroke Association
· Board member of Stroke Club UK
· Ambassador for Different Strokes (charity)
· Member of PHC (Public Health Collaboration) UK
· Author of 6-volume Lifestyle Manual
· Author of other Lifestyle books on Amazon
· Originator of the Holman Protocol
Nothing in any of Chris's courses should be interpreted as linking to or representing any of the above stroke organisations.