How to avoid raising a brat who is unlikeable & won't listen
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 3 articles
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn the skill of how to express your anger so your children HEAR you instead of FEAR you.
- Learn the one-word-technique that will transform bad behaviour to respectable behaviour.
- Trying to preventing your child from failing is a mistake: Learn how to support them through it.
- Learn how to be a fun and spontaneous parent while still having consistent boundaries.
- Know what you unintentionally may be doing that is damaging your child.
- Implement the 3 step formula for solving any parenting problem.
- Calculate how much your parenting skills are costing you in time and money.
- Implement 2 quick skills in getting your children to cooperate and listen to you.
- No previous knowledge or expertise required.
Out of all the parenting skills out there, learn the 12 essential things you need to know about how to parent so you can avoid (and change) rude and cheeky behaviour that is costing you time and money and your child, their happiness.
Build a strong parenting foundation that accelerates your child's well being and success.
- Calculate how much time you are wasting per day
- Learn how to express you anger so they HEAR you instead of FEAR you.
- Learn how to change a boundary without letting them think they can push you over.
- Learn how to nurture your child's self esteem without risking a time bomb of an unrealistic self esteem.
- See how your parenting bossiness is also losing you money at work
- Discover the characteristics you need to develop in your child for them to be head hunted for top positions.
The most powerful parenting insights at your fingertips.
Of course there are hundreds of parenting skills out there, but learning these fundamentals will set you in the right direction for giving your children the EDGE to succeed in their life. This easy to understand research is based on 15 years of global research with thousands of parents, teachers and coaches. Schools pay thousands of dollars for Robin to present some of this material to their parent body and here you get it at a fraction of the price!
We don't believe parenting should be left to chance so we designed this course (and all of my other courses) for any parent who is seeking the most important solutions to raising GREAT kids!
When you have finished this course you will have learned over 12 powerful techniques that will help you avoid brat-like behaviour, and they will support you in changing that behaviour if you already can see it in your child.
I have also included 2 of the most powerful techniques to get your boundaries met while leaving your children feeling empowered and cooperative.
This could save you an extra 45 minutes of time every day!
Discover how the parenting power dynamics between you and your child are resulting in them resisting, and even defying you.
Because of what YOU DON'T KNOW, you current parenting techniques could be costing you over $387 000 in lost potential income and revenue (this is Scientifically explained in the course)
You don't get a second chance with your child.... by the time they are grown up it's out of your hands!
Now is the time to empower yourself and join those parents who are not chancing their kids happiness and success to 'luck'. You and your kids deserve more than that.
- For any loving parent, grandparent, teacher or carer who wants the best for their kids.
- For the parent who wants to prevent their child from heading down the wrong track.
- For parents of any age who have kids of any age.
- For the beginner parent or teacher to the professional parent coaches and counsellors.
Welcome to this course that will support you in seeing your parenting potential in a totally different light.
The information in this course will cover some of the most important issues facing parents today, and why this crisis is costing you time, energy, money..... and of course, even your happiness.
Once you know the insights this course will give you, you will know what needs to be in place to avoid the crisis, and ensure your child is respectful, likeable and is on the road for much success and happiness.
A powerful quote by Heim Ginott
"I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element in the home.
It is my personal approach that creates the climate,it is my daily mood that makes the weather.
As a parent I possess tremendous power to make a child's life miserable or joyous
I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration
I can humiliate or humour, hurt or heal
In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis
Will be escalated or de-escalated, and a child humanised or de-humanised"
The most important thing about understanding our modern day parenting crisis is knowing how much this crisis could be costing us.
But we know it costs us frustration and patience.
In this lecture I show you how we calculate how much time we are wasting, as well as how much this could be costing us in money!
45 minutes x 7 days = 22 hours per month x12 months = 270 hours in a year.
That's an extra 18 days holiday for you!
And.... if you had used this time for earning more money you could have bought a really great house with the money you made if you learned new skills to get cooperation from your kids!
We want to parent to the best of our abilities. And at some point on our journey we promise this to our children.
And we want the best for our children.
But how can we prepare them and give them the best chance for happiness and success?
This lecture looks at the top skills that the top companies are looking for in the youth of today. These are the qualities YOU as the parent can develop and nurture in your children.
Your big crisis: Are you sure you want to have an empowered child in your home? We say we want empowered children, but our real challenge is that we don't know how to MANAGE an empowered child.
Parents are giving up on the boundaries and discipline that they were used to because they don't want to be seen as harsh, or overbearing.
As you progress through this course, please feel free to ask any questions and I will be happy to answer them. You can do this within the course, or via the personal messaging system.
And many parents and teachers often ask the same kinds of questions,
so I created a ‘free resource course’ where I answer many of the great
questions from all my other courses put together.
This free resource on “The top 20 questions and answers to become a better parents covers these kinds of questions:
- Know how to stop your child's whining and sulking behaviour
- Use alternatives to yelling and shouting, keeping your child's dignity in tact
- Put in place effective boundaries with the 3 D's to intelligent boundaries
- Understand why some children listen to you, but don't do what you ask
- Know how to apply the developmental stages of child development
- Learn why 'TIME-OUT' chairs do more damage than good
- Deal with your child's school separation anxiety
I am sure you will find insights, skills and possible breakthroughs by browsing through this new course. As I get new questions from you, I keep adding new lessons. Look for the course title and link in the last lesson in this course and enroll to see if it answers your question.
The modern day parenting crisis has come about because our parenting styles have changed and in many instances what we are doing is doing more harm than good.
This section is ALL about laser focusing your awareness on what YOU can do to avoid creating brat-like behavioiur, and also how you can transform the brat-like behaviour you may already be seeing into the values that you are wanting.
In this lecture we will cover:
1) The challenges of saying we want an empowered child, but we don't really know how to handle an empowered child.
2) Parents of children with brat-like behaviour often over praise their children, and are inauthentic when doing so.
3) Many modern day parents are afraid of expressing their true feelings of anger or frustration because they think this will damage their children.
4) The modern day parent thinks that to boost self esteem, their children should be protected from experiencing failure as this may crush the spirit.5) Using threats to get cooperation, and then not following through with what you said.
It's a myth that to boost self esteem we have to praise our kids.
And because many parents are so afraid of hurting their children's feelings they exaggerate their praise and even lie about it.
This lecture opens up the challenges of using praise to boost self esteem, and shows you the skills to use that enable you to be honest and caring, even when you don't think something is worthy of 'praise'.
Use this skill to reinforce the respectful behaviour you are looking for, instead of falling into the trap of accusing and blaming.
I love this skill! It is my favourite praise skill and is taken from our experience of personal transformational work.
I have never seen a child transform their behaviour as quickly and deeply as when using this skill.
By using this clever and unique wording, you can laser focus your child's behaviour into the characteristics you are looking for.
You are creating a new world perspective for your child which they will begin to see 'as themselves'. And when a child 'sees' themselves as this, then their behaviour flows from this belief.
I will never lie when praising and won't be in-authentic in any way! That I can promise.
But that is only because I have learned how to positively and realistically praise by using this next skill.
These skills will always work towards your children learning their own self worth, and not to rely on adults to give it.
At a core level, these skills create the opportunities for your child to reflect on their efforts, and to feel empowered through them.
Emotional intelligence is the ability to work with the emotions.
And a BIG mistake modern parents make is thinking that they must protect their children from INTENSE emotions. So they hide their emotions, or down play them. Until they EXPLODE and shout and scream!
And parents only do this because they don't know the skills on HOW to express their emotions in a way that is healthy, and non-damaging to their child.
Children need to know how their behaviour impacts other people and you as the parent need to find ways to tell your child this.
And not only do you need to tell them this, but also role model HOW a person expresses their intense emotions.
Brat-like behaviour is often an inability to be respectful and caring to other people.
Teaching them HOW to express their emotions is easier done by example than by asking them nicely.
Success is not the absence of problems, but in the ability to DEAL with them.
And success does not exist in the absence of failure or disappointments.
Many parents try to protect children from the harsh realities of the world. And although there is some merit in this, I firmly believe that supporting my child in how to deal with those harsh realities will be far more useful and supportive in the long run.
If we support our children in persevering through their mistakes and 'failures', then they will develop incredibly useful insights and skills in how to CREATE what they want, opposed to whine and complain about what doesn't work.
The only difference between an empowered child and a dis-empowered child is the one believes they can, and the other believes they can't.
So the following question should not be scary, and something that we avoid asking. It can be just another learning process.
Where did you fail today?
Your child will only take your boundary as seriously as you will!
So if you are not getting your boundaries met... then you are not taking them seriously enough yourself.
"OUCH!" you might say.
This does not mean that your intention is not to take them seriously, or that your boundary isn't serious.... it just means that you have not done enough to put them in place and get them met.
Many modern day parents are too afraid to put boundaries in place. They don't want to be seen as 'unfair' and 'the mean parent'.
And at the same time, they feel guilty if they don't do EVERYTHING possible for their children. So parents frequently put their child's needs ahead of their own, resulting in them feeling exhausted, unappreciated and resentful.
But this lecture shows you how to be spontaneous and flexible in your boundaries without getting your chidlren the idea that they can just keep pushing your boundaries till you give in.
Print out the skills summary sheet and stick up all around your house!
Parenting can be tricky and fulfilling at the same time.
Our parenting styles and techniques have a direct impact on our children's current and future success.
And the more we understand and learn about this, the more we can feel empowered to really give them the best of ourselves.
In this past section, you learned about:
1) The challenges of saying we want an empowered child, but we don't really know how to handle an empowered child.
2) How to never lie so you can praise authentically, resulting in your child developing a realistic self esteem.
3) How to express your feelings of anger such that you children HEAR you instead of FEAR you.
4) How to support your child THROUGH a challenge instead of fearing the challenge and avoiding success.
5) How to be flexible and spontaneous with your boundaries without feeling like you are giving in to your kids wishes.
But there is a solution.
Awareness + Skills + Action = The Possibility of whatever solution you are wanting.
You will be able to distinguish:
- The difference between being the Authority, and being Authoritarian.
- The vomit stage, and why this is creating arrogant and brat like children.
- It's not about the boundary, but HOW you put those boundaries in place.
- There is always a solution to your problem.
Whether you think you can improve your skills and get breakthroughs, or whether you think that your child is just as they are 'because they are'.... either way you are right and the actions you take will reflect that belief of yours.
If you don't know which techniques of yours are damaging your child, then how will you be able to change them?
This lecture covers some of the default ways most parents are currently using to get their children to cooperate.
Take note that they ALL are based in the negative and undermine the child. The result.... your child feels fear, guilt and powerless!
Whether you think you are using skills and techniques or not, well.....YOU ARE!
Even shouting and threatening your children are techniques... but they are not seen as Emotionally Intelligent.
We want skills that are empowering, and intelligent, while still getting cooperation from our children.
But you need the awareness of when to apply the technique, and then you need to take action and IMPLEMENT the technique as well.
Awareness + skills + action = happy and succesful children.
To be an empowered parent, you need to be in action of the Intelligent skills you learn.
No matter what your current challenge with your children is, you have the power to solve it, and grow from it.
Your children are watching you... they want to see if you step up the dealing with your challenges, or if you complain about them. They want to know if you are willing to do what it takes to be the best parent you can be.
When they see this from you, then they feel inspired to be the best they they can be for themselves.
Getting children to cooperate is about understanding the power dynamic that occurs when you ask your children to do something for you.
If you don't 'unlock' that power dynamic, then your child will resist and refuse your requests.
So the skills in this lecture will be clear on setting the boundary, but leave our children feeling empowered and independent.
Remember that it is not about the boundary, but about HOW you put that boundary in place.
Being the best parent you can be takes commitment and perseverance.
It comes back to the commitment you made when your child was born... that 'something' that felt so important to you that you promised you would do ANYTHING to make them happy and successful.
And that "something" lies within you.