How to avoid Excel errors and keep your boss happy
What you'll learn
- Spreadsheet best practices
- How to use best practice spreadsheet design to avoid making Excel errors
- How to reduce spreadsheet risk
- How to use checklists to reduce the time, cost and risk of using spreadsheets
- How to keep your boss happy with great spreadsheets
- Why Excel errors can have real world implications and costs
- How to find Excel errors
- Typical types of Excel errors
- How to use the Error Buster AddIn (Free download with course)
- At least basic Excel experience
- You must already know how to use the basic excel functions like SUM, IF, MIN, MAX
- You need Excel 2013 or later to complete the course 100%.
Ever made a mistake in Excel? Did it cost you time and stress to fix it? Yes, of course, if you use Excel this is unfortunately an inevitable part of your day. But it doesn't have to be!
I have spent 10 years reviewing other people's spreadsheets and my own. Now I can share that knowledge with you so you can learn how to avoid making Excel errors and keep yourself and your boss happy.
The route to a better Excel life is not through learning more and more functions, it’s through Excel best practice which will make your spreadsheets clear, robust and simple to use.
In this course, I will take you through:
why do Excel errors happen?
why do Excel errors matter?
what are the most common types of errors?
how to find errors in your own and other's spreadsheets
how to use the Error Buster Add-in (free with the course) to help find errors
how to avoid making errors using spreadsheet best practices
how to use checklists to further reduce your Excel errors
how to jazz up your spreadsheets to keep your boss happy
The Excel Error Buster Add-in (included in the price of the course) includes:
Hidden sheet finder
Formula tracing application for quickly reviewing calculation logic
Review tool to locate inconsistent formulae, references to blank cells, unused inputs or hardwired inputs
Delta sheet utility to quickly understand and analyse how spreadsheet outputs are changing
New (not included in standard Excel) keyboard shortcuts for quick best practice formatting
Having completed this course, you will be armed with a robust strategy for building, reviewing and using spreadsheets in an easier, less risky and less stress inducing way.
So if you want to make your Excel life easier this is the course for you!
Sign up today to get immediate, lifetime access to:
More than 4 hours of expert Excel training from a professional spreadsheet auditor and builder
Downloadable Excel Add-in to make reviewing spreadsheet a breeze
Excel exercise files & solutions
I look forward to seeing you on the course!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who uses Excel and wants to reduce the time, cost and stress of Excel errors
- Intermediate and advanced Excel users will all gain crucial spreadsheet best practice skills not taught on other Excel courses
- This is not a course on complex Excel functions, but instead focuses on how best to utilise the most commonly used parts of Excel. Take this course to learn spreadsheet best practice and make your spreadsheets error and stress-free
Kate has more than 10 years experience of auditing (reviewing), building, and training her team and clients to build, complex financial models in Excel.
Kate has professionally reviewed and built 100s of spreadsheets over her career in the financial modelling, project finance and infrastructure industries. She is certified in the FAST modelling standard and is a qualified accountant.