Why not help prevent a stroke?
- 7.5 hours on-demand video
- 11 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Know about the impact of alcohol on stroke risk - save lives!
- Whether a small amount of alcohol can be good for you
- How to reduce drinking but not be a party pooper!
- At holiday time the risk of strokes increase; this course will help prevent you becoming a victim
- Whether statins are likely to help - or harm (one person's view)
- No knowledge or practice of Christmas required - the risk will still be there...
- An openness to accept the risk is far greater than you think
DO NOT ENROL ON THIS COURSE UNLESS YOU HAVE WATCHED THE SAMPLE LESSONS AND ALSO READ THIS COURSE DESCRIPTION. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHETHER THIS IS PAID FOR, A GIFT OR EVEN...FREE. IT STILL TAKES TIME TO WATCH. MAKE SURE YOU REALLY WANT TO DO THIS COURSE. THANK YOU.
""Studies show heart attacks and strokes can increase this time of year which can make the holiday season an especially dangerous time of year for the millions of Americans with heart disease. Holiday stress, combined with cold weather, increases the risk of heart attacks."
Source: CBS Philly December 21st 2016
80-90% of strokes are preventable!
Hold on to that thought.
Know when you are at greatest risk - and why.
Then take action.
Arm yourself with the knowledge - then reduce your risk. Control the controllable factors. Take the tests. Monitor the results.
Christmas can be a time of stress. Over-consumption of fatty, sugary food and alcohol. weight gain. Increased blood pressure. All these are stroke risk factors. This course concentrates on alcohol and stroke risk. Odd though this may seem - this course (which will always be free!) makes the ideal Christmas present for everyone. Anyone can get a stroke - and at Christmas your risks just might increase. This course will help prevent such an awful event happening - and applies equally to ALL holiday times!
Strokes maim, strokes kill - all year round.
80-90% are preventable remember, through diet, exercise, fitness, nutrition, quality sleep etc.
This course focuses in particular, on alcohol.
The course includes a workbook:
Chapter 1 What causes TIAs?
What is a TIA?
Why it is important
What are the causes of a TIA?
How is a TIA diagnosed?
Treatment for a TIA
Symptoms of a ministroke
Reducing the risk
Medication and side effects
Chapter 2 Studies
Residual symptoms of a TIA
Role of brain imaging in TIA
TIA and common mimics
Chapter 3 Return to TIAs
Symptoms of a stroke
How a TIA is diagnosed
Chapter 4 Stroke quiz
(A link to a site that has a) stroke quiz
Chapter 5 Comments
Comments about TIAs
Chapter 6 Return to risk factors
Chapter 7 Chameleons, panic attacks and TIAs
Could the TIA be a panic attack?
Anxiety or mini stroke
Panic attack v heart attack
Chapter 8 Food
Foods increasing stroke risk
Chapter 9 Dr Malcolm Kendrick
Very interesting extracts from his blog, about strokes
Chapter 10 Risk calculator
Links and explanations about various stroke risk calculators
- Anyone looking for the IDEAL Christmas gift for their family
- Those looking forward to Christmas but worried about the health implications of days of feasting and drinking
- Those worried about a relative who does not appear to be looking after their health
- Everyone - because anyone anywhere, can get a stroke!
- Anyone who 'overdoes it' at Christmas