Your Social Media Toolbox: Schedule, Autofollow & Automate
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 4 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Consider Best Times to Be On Social Media
- Investigate Facebook Insights To Find When To Schedule
- Learn to Schedule Facebook and Twitter Natively
- Evaluate 3rd Party Apps to Schedule Google Plus, LinkedIn
- Learn to Bulk Upload Many Status Updates to Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus
- Learn to Automate from your Blog and other websites e.g Buzzfeed, Upworthy, News directly to your Social Media sites.
- Experienced Advanced Social Media Usage OR VERY CONFIDENT
- Introductory Understanding of Computers, Tablets and Browsers
- Preferably Have at Least ONE Social Media Account Already
This is a Corporate course for Business, Government and Not for Profits: Save Time: Learn about autoposting and autoscheduling, natively within Facebook & Twitter as well investigate which social media dashboards are best for automation - Hootsuite, Sprout Social and Buffer. Play with automation software combined with social media dashboards to autofollow and unfollow on Twitter. Work around challenges of automating Google Plus. Includes an advanced spreadsheet conversation calendar lecture. Create bitmarks & extensions for RSS, Do Share and Recipes for If This Then That. Recommended for experienced social media practitioners within organisations, Corporate Government, Not for Profits and small business.
This course uses many free (e.g. IFTT) freemium (Hootsuite) and low monthly fee tools (meetedgar). We do NOT look at the $40,000 a month tools (use your account manager to give you free training if you are paying that much!). Please do not buy ALL the tools mentioned here - investigate a few and use a mix of free to $25 a month, ones.
Facebook recently (May 2015) changed the API (the way tools talk to Facebook) and removed access to posting to groups you are NOT an admin of. I am investigating other solutions, but at the moment NO tool has access to automate posting to a group where you are a member, not an Admin.
Thank you John! "Just working through your social media automation Udemy course. Been meaning to complete it for ages! Nothing else like it." (from Twitter)
- You Are Working For Organisations Such As Corporate, Gov, Not For Profit and Have To Post Regularly to Social Media Sites
- Small Business Owner Wanting to Reduce Time Online
- Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and LinkedIn Admins Looking for Tools
- Students and Journalists Seeking to Improve Knowledge of Social Media
- Corporate, Government and Not For Profit Evaluating Resources in Social Media
Hello and welcome to the Automating Social Media course. In this lecture I go through the 3 main types of social media, who should do the course, and a little bit about me and my online community management background. See you inside!
What time of day should you Facebook? What day of the week should you tweet? We examine both general studies and also specific tools for your community to check scheduling engagement strategies.
Both Facebook & Twitter have a scheduling tool built in - learn where it is and how to use it.
Create similar updates then schedule random tweets and updates to go out Facebook Twitter etc in different categories such as Funny, Inspirational, Tips, Questions, Events, blog posts and so on.
Why not automate the Title and Link of every article and blog post you put up on your website go to Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, LinkedIn and so on?
NOTE: If you can't find the "Sharing" plugin/setting/extension on your Content Management System (CMS e.g. Wordpress), please use the next lecture for a secondary way to automate blog->social media.
Create Many Social Updates from Many RSS Feed Entries to go to Many Social Media Sites - Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, LinkedIn etc.
RSS Extensions for Browsers
The RSS Subscription Extension for Google Chrome is https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/rss-subscription-extensio/nlbjncdgjeocebhnmkbbbdekmmmcbfjd
or FeedButton http://philippkatz.de/FeedButton/FeedButton.safariextz
Internet Explorer 9 (instructions) http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows7/how-to-use-rss-feeds-in-internet-explorer-9
Have your social media dashboard regularly recycle your most popular top tips and articles as evergreen content. Automagically!
How are you using the tools? Which ones work for you? Native scheduling vs apps? Twitter automation (following, unfollowing). What automation tools would you like to see added? What course should I teach next - social media measurement, or 5 steps of a social media campaign, setting up a monitoring station, or 8 ways to deal with trolls online? You choose!