How to Make a Professional 2D Animation for a Promo Video
What you'll learn
- Approach and animate a professional promotional 2D animated video for a client according to a provided script and how to use Adobe After Effects along with vector assets and a 3D model to create the final motion graphics piece.
- Apply best practices to deal with big animation projects using After Effects while being organized at the same time.
- Organize vector assets for animations and basic rigging inside After Effects
- Prepare a 3D model in Cinema 4D to use in your 2D animations.
- How to maintain vector assets looking sharp when scaling them at any size inside after effects.
- Create good looking animations using tips and scripts without having a deep knowledge of animating with the graph editor.
- Understand the real work (tweaking keyframes and refining the animations) behind a complex motion graphics piece like this.
- A 30 day free trial for 3 Adobe Programs (After Effects, Illustrator, Audition).
- Basic or intermediate experience with Adobe After Effects is recommended
- Cinema 4D Visualize or Studio Version (Trial or Demo)
- Duduf V1.42 or above for basic rigging (free script for AE)
- Pt Shitf Layer Script (free)
- Snap! Script (free)
- Motion V2 for speed up animation workflow (cheap premium script for AE)
In this course I will take you step by step along the process of creating an animated promo for a project in a real world scenario for a client from scratch. If you are interested in learn how to create a professional, good looking and fluid animation for a promotional video for a client request or maybe your own portfolio, or even if you are planing to increase your animation skills based on a real life project then this course is for you!
This course will be detailed and it will cover lots of techniques to create the final piece.
I won't hide you nothing from the real work behind the whole process, you will see and understand the entire process to follow along!
We will begin from scratch to teach you how:
- Analize the provided script to create transitions from it
- Transform the script into sketches
- Thinking in transitions for the animation
- Set a color palette and how to use it inside AE
- Create a Common media folder to organize assets (ninja tip)
- Vectorize Assets using illustrator (not an illustrator course, but an overview)
- Prepare your assets for animations
- Importing and organizing assets into After Effects
- Using cinema 4D to create cartoon sketch style
- Integrating Cinema 4D with AE using Cineware to mix 3D and 2D
- Animating in sync with the voice over and more!
Who this course is for:
- This 3D and 2D mixed animation course is meant for intermediate and advanced users of After Effects looking for a complete path on how animate from scratch a professional project for a client in a real world case scenario using Cinema 4D as a tool for creating 2D sketch style based on a 3D model to speed up their creative process and improve their workflow.
- This course is for anyone interested in 2D animation inside after effects looking for creating professional looking promo videos
- Anyone interested in animating 3D models using Cinema 4D and import that animation into After Effects looking like a 2D sketch style animation.
- Anyone interested in learn the whole process behind creating a complex motion graphics piece from start to finish.
- Anyone interested in learning "pro tips" on organizing assets, workflows and creative ways to solve real problems while creating motion graphics.
I am a director, post producer, editor and animator from Venezuela, South America. I have been working with After Effects since 2010 for motion graphics, I work with Premiere Pro, Adobe Audition and i have a background using Adobe Photohop for more than 9 years already.
I create explainer videos for businesses, edit videos for entrepreneurs, produce and direct my own shortfilms.
I am passionate for help clients engage, inspire and educate prospects, turning cold leads into warm customers.
I am based in Mexico City working on post production, animation, vfx and filmmaking.