How the Internet Works & the Web Development Process
What you'll learn
- How the Internet Facilities the movement of Data Packets
- The Difference between Local and Wide Area Networks (LAN, WAN)
- The Basics of the HTTP and HTTPS Protocols
- How DNS Lookups Work
- How Email Exchange works using SMTP and IMAP
- How Network Ports and Firewalls Work
- The difference between Hardware and Software Firewalls
- An Overview of the Web Development Process
- How to Plan the Development of a Small Website
- Basic Computer Skills
Course: How the Internet Works & the Web Development Process
This course explores how the internet works, including the composition and transmission of data packets over both Local and Wide Area Networks. We take a look at the HTTP and HTTPS protocols as applicable to client and server side communications - including DNS Lookups. This course will also teach students how email exchange works over SMTP and IMAP. The role of Network Ports and Firewalls are also introduced.
The course comes complete with two bonus sections which offer a quick guide for aspiring Web Developers. Here we offer a brief overview of the Web Development Process and Basic insights into the planning stages of a small website.
How the Internet Facilities the movement of Data Packets
The Difference between Local and Wide Area Networks (LAN, WAN)
The Basics of the HTTP and HTTPS Protocols
How DNS Lookups Work
How Email Exchange works using SMTP and IMAP
How Network Ports and Firewalls Work
The difference between Hardware and Software Firewalls
An Overview of the Web Development Process
How to Plan the Development of a Small Website
How the Internet Works
The Internet Overview
The HTTP Protocol
The HTTPS Protocol
The SMTP Protocol and Local Mail Delivery
Outbound Mail Delivery
Network Basics - LAN and WAN
The Web Development Process - Overview
Planning a Website
Who this course is for:
- Apiring Web Developers
- Web Enthusiasts interested in Learning how the Internet Works
- Students interested in Learning various Internet Protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, TCP/IP, SMTP, IMAP
- Students interested in learning how Local and Wide Area Networks Operate
- Students interested in the basics of Computer Networking
YouAccel is a leading provider in online training, offering courses across numerous industries from IT and Development to Business, Marketing, Design, and Productivity.
The e-learning experience provided by YouAccel is Dynamic. Each course is streamed in High Definition with corresponding assignments, quizzes, and exams that are delivered and graded electronically. All YouAccel courses are taught by certified educators that have numerous years of work experience in the field for which they provide instruction.
The courses can be taken at one's own pace and are offered at several levels including beginner, intermediate and advanced. Online courses are also compatible with any mobile device for the ultimate in convenience.
Taking the experience to a new personalized level, live communication with instructors is available through Udemy's online messaging console. All courses come with a certificate of completion and no age restrictions apply.