How Economic Forces Impact Real Estate
What you'll learn
- Cut through the talking heads on TV and understand what is really going on
- Win debates with your friends and answer why some markets are in a bubble
- Understand Inflation, Deflation and their effects
- Rule number one is don't lose money in real estate but the big question is how?
- Learn how to figure out which markets have high risk and which have less
- Understand what drives risk in real-estate investments
- Calculate market risk for your real-estate related investments
- Minimize your downside
- Know your real-estate numbers,
- Your Real-estate Values & cash flow
- How much equity you have
This session is designed to help you understand the bigger picture of our economy and uncover the forces that really drive real estate cycles. Looking beyond what the mass media dribble and uncovering the tools and techniques so you can make your own assessment. So you can determine what’s right for you in a particular market or scenario. Everyone’s portfolio and goals are different; a one size fits all summary of the market isn’t good enough – investors need to be able to assess the entire US real estate market outlining the various stages of risk, profitability, and trends to make their own choices. It’s time to educate yourself so you can take control of making your own decisions. Join me as I share with you strategies to help leapfrog your journey.
Basic Concepts Defined
- What is money
- What drives risk
- Key market cycles
- How debt affects the economy
- Current economic situation
- Population and demographic changes
- Inflation vs. Deflation
- How do they affect real - estate
- How to minimize risk and make money in both climates.
- Which one is more likely
Market volatility and how to think about risk in your portfolio
- The different types of real-estate markets in the US (highlights from my own independent research)
Conclusion – managing your dials
- How to change your liquidity & leverage dials in the different climates to run a safer and more profitable business
This course takes approximately 2 hours to complete. Additional modules will be provided as the market changes and in response to questions and feedback from students.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for people with some knowledge of real-estate investing
With over 20 years of global experience and connections, as an executive in a Fortune 50 technology company, I have worked to make many innovative ideas become real and turned them into successful global businesses. This experience has given me a practical view of economics & finance from a real world perspective. Living and dying by my decisions gives me a unique viewpoint on the hidden forces of the money machine that drives the real world.After living in 3 countries and experiencing different financial systems, I found myself questioning things that a lot of people took for granted. My uncle, who was an international currency trader in London, reinforced this by sharing stories of how a few individuals where able to change the forces of governments-take them on and win. In the process I became an unintentional economist. Thus, I have an alternative view of financial forces and headwinds that affect people’s lives such as the power of debt for good and bad, the true risks associated with different types of investing, and how different people hack the system. To do well today most people need to overcome the financial headwinds they are burdened with. By applying this knowledge it has allowed me to gain time back in my life to spend it on things that create meaning not just the daily grind of trading time for money. I have a great desire to share what I have learned along the way, mentoring others and helping them find their path and devising creative ways to capitalize on various market and economic events. Nowadays, having fun, presenting at conferences on economics and other financial topics, and building a coalition of the willing to take on the world, is my passion; I hope you can join me on this journey.