- 26 mins on-demand video
- 1 min on-demand audio
- 2 articles
- 10 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- By the completion of this course you will create a lesson plan that will bring lifechange to your students
- You will determine good objectives for use in your lesson plan.
- You will create an appetizer that will draw your students into the lesson.
- You will reduce the content of your lesson to the irreducible minimum.
- You will be able to apply content generally and personally to specific students lives.
- Standard computer, internet access and printer
- pdf reader
- willingness to learn and change
- If using an iPad, Prezi viewer for iPad is required.
Cooking up a great lesson involves many ingredients put together in the right way. This course will give you all the ingredients to create that appetizing lesson…a lesson that will change your students. Step by step we’ll teach you how to catch your student’s attention, present content in an effective way, and show how to apply it to make a change in the learner. Teachers and trainers will find this course useful! It will teach you how to develop an effective lesson plan, which is relevant, engaging your students with each other and with you, and active in the learning process. You will watch videos, listen to audio sessions, then do exercises (downloadable resources, Prezi, and discussion) and develop your own lesson plan as you work your way through this course. It will take 2- 3 hours depending on the time you spend developing your new skills. We’ll give you all the tools necessary for preparing any lesson…for anything…and anyone! If you search out there, you’ll find lots of ways to cook up a lesson plan, but I’m going to make it easy! Step by step, just like an easy recipe.
There is a need for teachers who can bring about lifechange in their students. Because you are taking this course, we know you have a desire to improve your teaching skills and abilities. Maybe teaching just isn’t fun anymore, or maybe this is your very first time teaching a course, or first time training someone at work. By the end of this course you will experience lifechange learning yourself! We will introduce you to a whole new way of teaching that will get your students involved and have fun. As a result, your students will learn; changing the way they look at life… and how they live life, because of you.
- Teachers, trainers, educators and anyone who wants to effectively teach
A great lesson includes many ingredients put together in the right way. We'll give you all the ingredients to create a lesson that will change your students! Catch your students' attention, present content in a great way and use the right tools for application. Step by step we'll help you create a great lesson. Let's get cooking!
There is a need for teachers who want to see lifechange in their students. Your enthusiam and skill can have a longterm effect! Lecture is boring. True learning happens when knowledge makes a difference in how people live thier lives. Good teaching should take information and apply it to make a change in the learner.
Start with the end. Start with a goal and decide how to get there.
- Identify the learning objective.
- Determine how you will measure that the objective is reached.
- Plan learning activities to reach the objective.
Lesson objectives are what you want students to know and do. Objectives need to be simple, specific, and measureable. Narrow it down to the basics. A good lesson objective is the foundation of a good lesson.
The main course, or content, or new information needed to achieve the lesson objective. The key ingredients are:
Research- gather data
Reduce- the content
Reorder- in a logical order
Remember- make it memorable
REAL- make it relevant, engaging students with each other and active...resulting in lifechange learning!