- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 19 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Save a considerable amount on travel accommodation costs
- Select and register with the world's most successful house sitting websites
- Learn secret marketing strategies to secure any housesit
- Write a compelling profile to secure any house sit
- Apply for house sitting assignments around the world with no previous experience
- Ask all the right questions in a house sitting interview
- Prepare a house sitting contract that protects both home owner and sitter
- House sit successfully from handover to completion
- Develop your house sitting skills
- Confidently handle any difficult situations
- Use house sitting to facilitate a lifestyle of global freedom
- You need no prior skills to become a house sitter.
- You simply need a passion for travel and a love of animals.
- You will need an internet connection and an email address to sign up to relevant house sitting websites.
House sitting is a now a popular mainstream alternative to a regular vacation. It's also a great option for longer term travel accommodation.
Simply put, house sitting involves looking after someone's home and pets while they're away. In return you'll get to live rent free in a comfortable home in a worldwide location of your choice!
No rent, no utility bills and no property tax or insurance.
This course provides all the information necessary to make house sitting a reality – even with no previous experience.
Our step-by-step process gives you the head start you'll need to secure the house sit of your dreams
- Learn to save money on accommodation, house sitting anywhere in the world
- Take practical steps to register with the most successful house sitting websites
- Discover how to build credibility with all the references you'll need to get started
- Prepare a profile that sets you apart from other applicants
- Create a professional and relevant set of interview questions
- Make a great impression right from the start
Imagine traveling the world, visiting new and exciting places and staying as long as you want. You can live like a local, experiencing the region's culture, whilst providing an invaluable service to home owners by looking after their property, possessions and beloved pets.
But, it's not quite as simple as an introduction to the pets and a quick handover of keys.
There are many things to consider and this course covers everything you'll need to know, from website registration through to managing your ideal house sit and improving your skill sets.
Contents and overview
You'll progress organically, step-by-step through this interactive course of 50+ lectures.
First we'll figure out exactly what type of house sit will be best for you. We'll get started together by registering online with some of the most successful house sitting websites. We'll build your credibility and produce a compelling profile to attract the best assignments.
We'll look at all the practical issues including how to create a set of relevant, personalized questions for an interview.
You'll learn how to handle your house sit from handover to completion, develop your skills and guarantee a great reference at the end of your assignment. All the tools and resources are provided for you to become a successful house sitter.
By the end of this course you'll know how to present yourself as a professional house sitter so that home owners are reassured of your ability to look after their home and pets.
You won't find a better option to live an exciting life full of travel and adventure. House sitting gives you the freedom and choice to live anywhere in the world, virtually rent free.
- Are you looking for an inexpensive vacation option?
- Would you like a long term international lifestyle change?
- Do you want to travel more and live like a local in a comfortable homely environment?
- Do you enjoy looking after pets and have a responsible and caring attitude?
- Are you retired with time to travel but a limited budget?
- Would you like a retreat to complete a long term project free from the distractions of home?
- Are you saving for a deposit on a new home?
- Do you want to try out a new location before committing to a house purchase?
- If you answered YES to any of these questions then you are in the right place!
- If you want to save large amounts of money on travel accommodation and live in a variety of different homes and locations around the world, then house sitting provides the perfect solution.
In this lecture you'll get an introduction to the world of house sitting and how it provides free accommodation. Discover how this course will give you all the skills to successfully secure the house sitting assignments of your choice.
There is also a useful downloadable index of all the documents and resources that can be accessed while following this course. Simply click the second button to the top right of the screen to view and select this downloadable file.
Find out who benefits from house sitting and how it will change your vacation and travel experiences forever!
There are many benefits that house sitting can offer over a regular holiday or short term rental. This lesson reveals everything you can expect to gain when you become a house sitting professional.
There are many house sitting websites to choose from. Find out which can offer you the best service and how much you can expect to pay. Take a guided tour of the top international sites.
- House Sitting Websites Compared - website links to all of the top house sitting companies
Another way to enhance your credibility is to obtain a police check from your national or local police authority. Not all countries can provide police checks but the download gives the information we have found.
Help us keep this up-to-date by posting any new information on this topic as it becomes available!
- Website Links for Police Check Information
Social media sites are a great way to spread the word about your house sitting availability. However, you do need to be careful about what information you make available to potential home owners, for obvious reasons. Here we look at how to make sure your Facebook page in particular, can be customised to only show acceptable posts!
When you finally get to the point of registering, you'll be asked some other standard information - in this lesson we look at what other details you will need to have ready.
Here you can also find a sample of our own profile from which you can take ideas and inspiration.
- Sample Profile with picture
There are many things to think about when traveling overseas, especially when house sitting and even more so if you're thinking about taking on a long term assignment. Let's take a look at some of the issues you'll need to think about in this lesson.
- World Travel - Checklist of things to consider
So you've found some house sits that look interesting and you'd like to apply. Your profile is on the website and you're good to go. Now you will learn how to compose an application letter that is as compelling as your profile.
- Email Template - sample application letter
At the end of the day, even with all the preparation in the world, you could still get rejected. There are many reasons why this might be and here we look at some of them. Find out how to turn rejection into a positive situation.
- Template Email: Thank you for considering us
For pet sitting assignments, you'll want to divide your questions into four categories. This lesson teaches you what they are and what types of questions you should be asking. There's also a useful download of questions you may be asked by the home owner.
- Checklist Questions - for you to ask in an interview
- Checklist Questions - you may be asked by the home owner
So you've completed your interview and found out everything you need to know about the assignment. You and the homeowners are both happy and you're keen to go ahead. Now you can start planning - but what exactly does that involve? You can find out in this lesson.
- Checklist - Start planning your house sit