Houdini Tech Art - Vertex Density Heatmap
- Houdini 16.5+ (FREE apprentice version) - Houdini 17 Works too
This course is a Houdini Only course. In this course you will learn how to create a Vertex Density Heatmap, which is a simple tool to visualize the Vertex Count of a mesh, and can be used to help optimize a mesh, or for motion design purposes.
This course is a great way to get started with Houdini, and get started as a Technical Artist. Everything done here will achievable with Houdini Apprentice which is totally free.
We will cover a lot of aspect of Houdini, and I'll try my best to explain everything used to achieve the tool.
Covered topics :
What's is a context ? ( SOP, VOP, Scene...)
What's an attribute ?
Example of more advanced VEX
Who this course is for:
- You'd like to learn Houdini while doing something useful
- You're a tech artist who want to add Houdini to you arsenal
- You want to become a Technical Artist, and want to start with Houdini
- 08:35Introduction & Theory
- 12:06Houdini intro & Sampling Points
- 14:26VOP/VEX & Counting Vertices
- 10:28using Attributes & Finalising
My name is Alexandre Stroukoff and I am a Senior technical Environment artist. I started working on video games since 2010, on titles ranging from big AAA titles ( Watch_Dogs, Ghost Recon,...) to mobiles games (Modern Combat Versus, Disney Magic Kingdom, ...).
I have a huge interest in all aspect of the game art pipeline, and, a firm believer in using technical knowledge to improve the way we produce artistic content for games.
After multiple years and project using Houdini, I have a good understanding of the software and how it can be used in a video game production pipeline, and I want to share this wonderful software with you. I hope that you will understand how procedural tools like Houdini can help you work faster and provide extremely high quality content while still controlling the Artistic side of things !