Houdini 18 - Procedural Prop Modeling - Skate Ramp
What you'll learn
- Learn how to model Procedural Props with Houdini 18
- Learn how to use the Free 3D Painter, Mixer 2020
- Learn how to Bake Textures using Houdini 18
- Learn how to set up your Props in Unity and Unreal
- Basic Knowledge of Houdini Interface
- Basic Knowledge of Unity or Unreal Interface
- Installed the Mixer 2020 Application
Throughout this mini course we will learn to build a procedural prop with Houdini 18 and look at a bunch of techniques that help us procedurally model and generate uvs. We then will wrap everything up into a Digital Asset so we can make unlimited variations of our Ramp model and prep them for texturing in Mixer 2020.
Once we bake and export everything out from Houdini, we will then learn how to use Mixer 2020 from the ground up. We will learn to create clean texture layers, place decals, and apply imperfections elements to our ramp model in Mixer 2020.
Once we are finished with our Ramp model we will then get it into Unity and Unreal and get it set up with materials and lighting.
By the end of the course you will have a solid understanding of modeling procedurally with Houdini 18 and how to use Mixer 2020 for texturing.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner Houdini users who would like to learn more about Procedural Modeling
- Individuals who want to learn how to use Mixer 2020
- Artists who want to add Procedural Modeling to their Skill Sets
I began this whole journey through art. When in high school I developed a
very strong interest in drawing and 2D animation. From there I began
to get enveloped into the work of 3D. After Graduating High school I
attended the Art Institute of Seattle. There I gained my AA degree in
Computer animation. I interned at Surreal Software, then moved onto
working on the very first version of Xbox at Microsoft. I worked on NFL
fever 2000, NHL Rivals 2002, and Inside Drive. From there I have worked
at Activision, again at Microsoft, my own companies Creative TD and
Ozone Interactive, and am now exploring Interactive Arts experiences at Indie Pixel. There have been many things
along the way but my love is in 3D, real-time arts, shaders, procedural
content creation, math, modeling, texturing, and helping others through