Hotel Management Fundamentals: Kickstart Your Career Success
What you'll learn
- Build a career plan for yourself
- Know how to handle guest complaints graciously
- Begin identifying your Management Style
- Learn the Core Traits needed to survive and thrive
- Understand the Industry better to pick the right department for your career
- Organise your tasks to ensure you remain efficient and productive
- Download Adobe Reader to ensure you can open the pdf resources provided in the course.
If you are a driven Hotel Management student wanting to hear first-hand advice from a seasoned hospitality professional, this course is perfect for you. Without needing to commit more than 1.5hrs of your valuable time, you will quickly learn core traits you need to strive and survive in the hospitality industry, how to handle guest complaints, skills to ensure you are always productive and much more to help you become a stand-out talent in the industry.
Start behaving and thinking like a seasoned manager early-on in your career.
- Classify tasks to ensure higher efficiency and productivity
- Handle guest complaints graciously
- Begin identifying your future management style
- Build you own career plan
Connect to & Learn from a Seasoned Hotel Expert
Learning the skills in this course will allow you to approach your internship like no other trainee they have ever had before. The real-life stories shared in this course are genuine and the topics covered are easy to learn. They have been distilled from years of experience. Equip yourself with the perspective of a seasoned Manager and build up your organisational skills so that you make a great impression on your very first day of work.
Jobs in Hotels are plentiful but stand-out talents are hard to find. Make sure you equip yourself with this first-hand advice to help you along your career.
Content and Overview
Perfect for Hotel Management students and any other driven individuals just beginning their career in Hospitality, I designed this course for you as a means to share the knowledge and advice I wished I could have received when I first started in the Hotel industry.
Starting with an overview of the industry and highlighting important points of consideration before pursuing it as a career, students will then learn about how pivotal their role is within customer service and start to build their own career plan as to when and where they want to be futher down the line.
With these basics covered, students will then learn which traits they should focus on nurturing and developing to ensure they survive and thrive in the industry as an individual and as a manager. Students will also learn how best to organise their tasks so as to be a reliable and productive talent in the industry. Lastly, students will learn which mistake to avoid on their road to becoming a manager as well as how to handle guest complaints graciously.
Students completing this course will have a newfound perspective on the industry and be better equipped with guest-service and organisational skills to approach a hectic daily operation in a Hotel.
Who this course is for:
- Perfect for Hotel Management Students
- Driven Individuals in the Early Stages of their Hospitality Career
- Hospitality Professionals just starting an internship or first job
- NOT intended for seasoned hospitality professionals or those looking to learn more about non-Hotel aspects of Hospitality
Andrea was 16 years old when she first began in the Hotel Industry. Since then, she acquired internships with 5-star brands such as Mandarin Oriental and Peninsula, in Hong Kong, London and Beijing. After graduating top of her class from Les Roches Switzerland, Andrea acquired a Corporate Management Training at The Peninsula Hong Kong in yet just 10 months later, was soon switched to a permanent position on the Senior Management Team, as Assistant Front Office Manager at just 23 years of age. 3 years later, Andrea was promoted again to Assistant Director of Housekeeping and managed a team of 185. Andrea is keen to share all she has learnt along the way, so that fellow Hospitality Professionals starting their careers can enjoy the same success.