Host a full-featured blog with less than 0.99 USD per month
What you'll learn
- Host a full-featured blog for almost FREE in Google Cloud Platform!
- How to buy and setup own domain to have your own identity!
- Setup a secured blog with SSL Certificates and daily backup!
- Use docker to decouple the blog architecture for easy update and changes in the future.
- Basic docker and bash knowledge. Detailed steps will be provided in both video or self-written articles by author, so no worries if you are a totally beginner! Just sit back and enjoy the videos!
- (Optional) Sign up for 90-day $300 Google Cloud Platform Free Trial
You are going to learn about how we can host a full-featured blog in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) for less than 0.99 USD per month (subject to site traffic of course!), with Ghost as our choice of open source platform. We will start with high level architecture of our complete setup, then dive straight into demos on buying your first own domain, setting up static IP address, obtaining secure certificates and many more! I am confident that you will come out of the course with a fully functional blog that you could use to showcase your content to your family, friends, colleagues and people all around the world!
There are the list of tech stacks that we will be covering
Google Compute Engine
I will be using a dummy domain to walkthrough each step to integrate all the tools mentioned above so that you can replicate the same on your side! Detailed code and steps will also be shared in the video as well as self-written articles, so just sit back, relax and enjoy all the demos!
Let's get onboard on the blogging journey now! I am so excited on what your blog can bring to the world!
Who this course is for:
- New content creator who wants to start blogging with as little cost as possible
- Existing blogger interested in Ghost as an alternative blogging platform
- Anyone who prefer a lightweight but full-featured blog
I'm Chenming Yong and currently working as a Senior Engineer for the biggest semiconductor manufacturing company in Singapore. I specialise in building big data pipeline architecture and productionizing data science use cases. Currently actively involved in migration and integration of on premise solutions (Hadoop) with cloud infrastructures (GCP, AWS, Azure, Openshift). I lead various technical projects and am involved in actual development as well as reviewing overall technical architecture developed by my team members. Besides that, I also conduct a lot of coaching sessions for new hires and worldwide team members (e.g. US, India, China, Taiwan, Singapore and Japan) on various job-related technical topics such as development, integration, monitoring, deployment and support.
I also hold professional certificates such as Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Architect, Google Cloud Certified Professional Data Engineer and AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner to further improve my skillsets.
I hope my professional work experience as well my passion in cloud engineering will be able to solve some of the issues you are facing!
Have a great one!