A deep dive into the Hospitality Technology ecosystem
What you'll learn
- Navigate in the layout of the hospitality technology ecosystem and integration dependencies.
- Understand the composition of the industry that affects technology adoption (fragmentation, stakeholders, main categories of decision-makers)
- Look into future trends and investment opportunities in hospitality technology.
- Learn about the main factors that have completely transformed the industry into Hospitality 2.0 and how to adapt to this new environment.
- No previous industry experience needed.
This course will help you become more successful in the hospitality business (be it hotels, vacation rentals, restaurants, cruises, or any other part of our industry).
This deep dive into how to navigate effectively in the complex environment of travel & hospitality technology is brought to you by Ira Vouk, the author of industry best-seller “Hospitality 2.0”, a lecturer, a speaker, and a founder recently recognized as "top 17 technology professionals inspiring innovation in the US hotel industry".
You will be able to navigate in the previously confusing mosaic of the hotel and restaurant technology ecosystem: understand its evolution, integration dependencies, hierarchy and what is changing. You will become familiar with the latest disruptions that have transformed hospitality into a whole new realm. You will get a deep dive into the future trends for the next 5-10 years as well as areas of value creation and opportunities for investment, and not only financial investment (though this is the most critical element) but also investment of your talent, time, and resources.
The course is designed and built in collaboration with Payne School of Hospitality & Tourism Management (San Diego State University).
Regardless of your role, this course will help you become more successful in the industry by understanding how to navigate in the complex environment of Hospitality 2.0 that has been recently driven by the forces of digital evolution.
Who this course is for:
- The course is for those who want to better understand the complex realm of hospitality technology.
- Hospitality professionals, owners, operators, technology vendors, students, lecturers.
Best-selling author of top industry publications, a software founder and technology innovator who brings nearly two decades of practical industry experience.
Frequent speaker on the topics of hospitality technology, distribution, revenue management, profitability and automation (AAHOA, HEDNA, HITEC, ICHRIE).
HITEC Advisor @ HFTP, Strategic Advisor @ HTNG, Hospitality & Tourism Alliance Advisory Board Member @ The California State University, former Advisory board member at Cornell CHR @ School of Hotel Administration.
Adjunct professor at SDSU. Guest lecturer at UDEL, DU, SJSU, University of Angers (France), ESSEC School of Business (France).