This is a hands-on program will have the entire family involved, using holistic learning in both English and Spanish to set up your children to succeed in the on-going academic year while also dipping your toes in homeschooling.
This program only requires 2-3 per day 4 day per weeks, depending on each child's ability to absorb the material.
For the parents:
You will experience what it would be like to Homeschool, without the stress of planning and grading, with holistic education tools that incorporate learning into the lifestyle. You will learn how your children learn, and what are the skills they are most fluent in, while also understanding their challenges. All teh activities are easy to adjust to each childs needs and each family's convenience. At the end of this course you will feel confident homeschooling and you might want to take on homeschooling long term as you see all the benefits of incorporating education into the family lifestyle.
For the children/students:
Children will fall in love with learning using this program as they will reframe the concept of school as a game or a family activity. Furthermore, depending on their level (PreK to 2nd) they will review important and fundamental concepts that will improve their confidence, curiosity for learning and will propel them to succeed once they go back to school in the Fall.
Below are the learning outcomes that we will explore and uncover week by week in this 6 week long Summer program.
For PreK to Kindergarten week 1 - week 2 will be enough material for the 6-week period.
For Grade 1 t Grade 2 Week 1 to week 4 will be enough material for the entire 6 week-period.
- Understanding and appreciating yourself and your needs.
- Relationships with others
- Feeling grounded
- Math: grouping pairs, skip counting by twos, addition with ‘two more’
- Literacy: descriptive language, autobiographical writing, finding “good fit” books
- The experience of nice and difficult feelings
- Math: even and odd, counting forwards and backwards
- Literacy: creating stories, visualization, looking beyond the text
- Rhythms and patterns in our life (days, months, routines)
- Building and identifying patterns
- Literacy: identifying individual sounds in words, repetition, re-reading
- Different types of families
- What makes a family special
- Math: ordering and comparing numbers, breaking down numbers with addition sentences
- Literacy: Word families, blending letters and sounds, predicting words and stories.
- Review and Retry week 1-week 4 content
-Share your experience with us
-Connect with the community