Build Your Own HomeLab - Get That Experience
What you'll learn
- How to get started setting up your HomeLab
- Different parts of a HomeLab, including hardware (Racks, Computers, Servers, Network, Storage) and Software
- Creating a VMware vSphere 7.0 homelab
- Providing further understanding and a general knowledgebase on key IT technologies
- Building ESXi hosts and Windows Server
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Desire to get into an IT career and improve your Technical understanding
In this course we will cover all things HomeLab! If you are new to tech, wanting to learn more about tech, or have been in tech for sometime, this course will give you the foundation tools and tips to deploy your own homelab environment and get the skills to learn more about tech!
We'll talk about HomeLab setup, Hardware requiremetns and how to deploy your own VMware vSphere environment. We'll also talk about how you can start setting up and building your own VM's!
In this course we’ll cover -
- What is a HomeLab and how to get started
- What are the different parts of a HomeLab
- Hardware ideas for a HomeLab including Rack Cabinets, Computers, Servers, Network, Storage
- What software could you use to get started in your lerning
- What is VMware, vCenter, ESXi and how to use them
- How to install, setup and configure your own VMware environment
- How to build, configure and manage Virtual Machines (VM's)
Do I need to be an expert?
No, this course is designed for people who are excited about technology and want to tinker with more tech at home, it could be for your own learning or to get better at your current IT job.
Why this course?
This course will be easy to understand, and will give you an overview of the necessary skills to start and build your own HomeLab, along with some ideas on what you can learn about.
Of course this is only the beginning of your learning journey. Continuing to improve on your tech skills more and more will help you in being a highly skilled IT tech, and having your own HomeLab is the best way to do this!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone wanting to learn more about Tech
- System Administrators & Engineers
- Desktop & Support Engineers/Analysts
- IT Graduates
Emilio is an accomplished professional and leader with over 20 years of with experience in IT professional services, digital transformation, infrastructure and operations management. Emilio loves helping people learn and achieve their goals, providing them the skills and expertise to make their professional careers better and more rewarding.
Areas of Expertise include -
- Win Server, macOS + integration
- Storage Architecture
- Virtualisation, VMware
- Cybersecurity Hardening
- IT Governance
- DR and Backup Design